Table of Contents
- 1 What is Glyciphage?
- 2 Uses of Glyciphage
- 3 Glyciphage Price In India
- 4 How does Glyciphage work?
- 5 How to take Glyciphage?
- 6 Common dosage of Glyciphage
- 7 When to avoid Glyciphage & Precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Glyciphage
- 9 Effect on organs?
- 10 Reported allergic reactions?
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage Requirements for Glyciphage
- 14 Pro Tips when taking Glyciphage
- 15 FAQs – Things to Know About Glyciphage
- 16 Is Glyciphage addictive?
- 17 Can I have Glyciphage with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Glyciphage when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Glyciphage when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Glyciphage?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Glyciphage?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Glyciphage?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Glyciphage?
Glyciphage Composition – Metformin 500 MG
Manufactured By – Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 31.48
Quantity – 20 tablets in 1 strip
What is Glyciphage?
- Glyciphage is categorized under non-sulfonylureas and oral biguanides.
- Glyciphage is an effective first choice medicine to control high blood glucose levels in patients with type II diabetes.
- This medicine also helps in minimizing the risk of diabetes-associated complications such as blindness, kidney damage, stroke and heart attack.
Buy & Get Up to 30% OFF: Pharmeasy Coupon Code | Myra Medicines Coupon Code
Uses of Glyciphage
Glyciphage is prescribed for:
Type II Diabetes Mellitus
Also Read: Limcee Uses
Glyciphage Price In India
|500mg Strip of 20 Tablets||Rs. 31.48|
How does Glyciphage work?
Glyciphage decreases the absorption of glucose from the intestines and increases the action of insulin in the body which helps in reducing the blood glucose levels.
Also Read: Ivermectin Composition
How to take Glyciphage?
Glyciphage is administered orally in the form of tablets.
Common dosage of Glyciphage
The recommended dose of Glyciphage is 0.5 to 2.5mg in divided doses.
Also Read: Lasilactone Dosage
When to avoid Glyciphage & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Glyciphage if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Glyciphage is not recommended for use in patients with a severe impairment of kidney function and metabolic acidosis.
- Caution is advised in patients with vitamin B12 deficiency.
- This medicine may cause lactic acidosis, which may be fatal, in some patients and the risk is higher in patients suffering from heart diseases, kidney diseases.
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects.
- Use of Glyciphage should be discontinued in patients exposed to stressful conditions such as a fever, trauma, surgeries, or accidents since it may not be effective in controlling blood sugar levels in these conditions.
- This medicine is not recommended for treating type I diabetes.
- This medicine may cause diarrhea when therapy is initiated which, in most cases, subsides by itself.
Also Read: Indomethacin Precaution
Side Effects of Glyciphage
- Abdominal pain
- Lactic Acidosis
- Chest discomfort
- Runny Nose
- Belching and Heartburn
- Swollen joints
Also Read: Levocet Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Metabolic reactions- Hypoglycemia, lactic acidosis.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, indigestion, abdominal discomfort, abnormal stools, dyspepsia, loss of appetite.
- Cardiovascular reactions- Chest discomfort, flushing, palpitation.
- Dermatologic reactions- Rash, nail disorder, increased sweating.
- Nervous system reactions- Lightheadedness, taste disturbances.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face, throat or hands
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Co-administration of following drugs with Glyciphage may cause adverse effects:
- Iodinated Contrast Media
- Aloe Vera
The peak effect of this medicine can be observed within 1-3 hours of administration and lasts for an average duration of 4 to 8 hours.
Storage Requirements for Glyciphage
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Glyciphage
- Do not consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine.
- Always carry a sugar candy with to counteract unexpected lowering of blood sugar levels.
- Exercise regularly and follow a strict healthy daily.
FAQs – Things to Know About Glyciphage
Is Glyciphage addictive?
Can I have Glyciphage with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid sugary drinks and processed food.
Can I have Glyciphage when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Glyciphage when feeding a baby?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Glyciphage?
What happens if I overdose on Glyciphage?
Overdose of Glyciphage may cause dizziness, feeling of being unusually cold, muscle pain or tenderness, slow or irregular heartbeat, unusual weakness or tiredness.
What happens if I eat expired Glyciphage?
Expired Glyciphage may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Glyciphage?
If you miss a dose of Glyciphage, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.