Table of Contents
- 1 What is Glycomet GP2?
- 2 Uses of Glycomet GP 2
- 3 How does Glycomet GP 2 work?
- 4 How to take Glycomet GP 2?
- 5 Glycomet GP 2 Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Glycomet GP 2?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Glycomet GP 2:
- 8 Side-Effects of Glycomet GP 2:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Glycomet GP2
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Glycomet GP2
- 9.3 3. Effects of Glycomet GP2 on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Glycomet GP2’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Glycomet GP 2 with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Glycomet GP 2 when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Glycomet GP 2 when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Glycomet GP 2?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Glycomet GP 2 Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Glycomet GP 2
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Glycomet GP2
- 12.1 Q. What is Glycomet GP 2?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Glycomet GP2?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Glycomet GP2?
- 12.4 Q. How long does it take for Glycomet GP 2 to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Should Glycomet GP 2 be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Glycomet GP 2 make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Glycomet GP 2 doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Glycomet GP 2 effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Glycomet GP 2 safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Glycomet GP 2?
- 12.12 Q. Is Glycomet GP 2 legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Glycomet GP2?
It is mainly used to control blood glucose level of patients orally with Type II Diabetes Mellitus. Hypoglycemia and Increased heart rate are the major side effects seen with this drug. It should be totally avoided in case of severe liver and kidney diseases and in patients allergic to the drug and also in cases of pregnant women.
Glycomet GP 2 Composition: Glimepiride 2mg + Metformin 500mg.
Manufactured By: USV Pvt Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 141.95 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Type of Drug: Antidiabetic.