Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Glynase?
- 2 Uses Of Glynase
- 3 How Does Glynase Work?
- 4 Glynase Price in India
- 5 How to Take Glynase?
- 6 Common Dosage Of Glynase
- 7 When to Avoid Glynase & Precautions To Take?
- 8 Side Effects Of Glynase
- 9 What Are The Effects of Glynase on Organs?
- 10 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 11 Drug Interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows Effects/Results In
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Glynase
- 14 FAQs
- 15 Is Glynase addictive?
- 16 Can I have Glynase with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Glynase when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Glynase when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Glynase?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Glynase?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Glynase?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Glynase?
Glynase Composition – Glipizide 5 MG
Manufactured By – Usv Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 6.12
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What Is Glynase?
Glynase is an oral anti-diabetic drug from sulfonylurea group of medicines. It contains micronized Glyburide as its active ingredient. It is used to lower blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Glynase should not be used in patients with type 1 diabetes (condition in which the body does not produce insulin) and diabetic ketoacidosis with or without coma.
Manufactured By – USV Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo coupons | Medlife offers | Netmeds offers
Uses Of Glynase
Glynase is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps in lowering the blood glucose levels in such patients. Glynase should be used as an adjunct with lifestyle changes (quitting smoking, alcohol, exercise etc.) and dietary changes for effective blood glucose control.
Read More: Gabantin uses | Gefitinib uses | Duofilm uses
How Does Glynase Work?
- Glynase is a sulfonylurea drug which works mainly by stimulating the Beta cells in the pancreas that produce insulin thus increasing the amount of insulin produced in the body.
- This enhanced insulin production results in a blood sugar lowering effect in response to meals or glucose, as occurs naturally in people without diabetes.
Glynase Price in India
|10 tablets of Glynase MF||Rs. 14.42|
|10 tablets of Glynase 5mg||Rs. 6.12|
|10 tablets of Glynase XL-10||Rs. 15.12|
|10 tablets of Glynase XL-5||Rs. 8.69|
|10 tablets of semi Glynase 2.5mg||Rs. 2.75|
Also Read: Lokit Price | Imol Price | Hepatoglobine Price
How to Take Glynase?
- Glynase comes in tablet form of different strengths (1.5mg, 3mg, and 6mg)
- It is to be taken orally, with the first meal of the day (usually breakfast or as directed by the physician).
- Avoid skipping meals when on anti-diabetic drugs as it may lead to hypoglycaemia.
- Non-pharmacologic therapy (dietary modification, weight control, and exercise) is equally essential to reduce blood glucose levels along with Diamicron therapy.
- Glynase should not be stopped on your own without a doctor’s consent. Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels should be done to alter the dose
Common Dosage Of Glynase
- The initial recommended dose of Glynase is 1.5mg or 3mg (one tablet) administered with the first meal of the day.
- The dose can be gradually increased if the response with the initial dose is ineffective. Patients receiving more than 6mg per day respond better with twice a day dose.
- The maximum recommended dose of Glynase is 12mg per day.
- In elderly patients and patients with kidney and liver disease, dose adjustment might be needed to prevent hypoglycemic conditions.
When to Avoid Glynase & Precautions To Take?
- Avoid using if you are allergic to its ingredients or any other drug belonging to the group of sulphonylureas.
- Glynase should not be used if you have type I or insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Glynase should not be used if you have high levels of acid content in blood i.e. diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Glynase should be used with caution in patients suffering from gastrointestinal disorders, cardiovascular disorders, and liver or kidney impairments.
Side Effects Of Glynase
The most common side effect of Glynase is drug induced hypoglycemia. Symptoms of hypoglycaemia (low blood glucose) include:
- Impaired concentration
- Tachycardia (increased heart beat)
Other side effects include –
- Heart burn
- Skin Rash
- Weight gain
- Upset stomach
- Dark colored urine
- Pain in upper abdomen
What Are The Effects of Glynase on Organs?
- Glynase may impair liver and kidney function.
- Glynase has adverse effects on heart and blood vessels.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
An allergic reaction may occur rarely with Glynase. Seek immediate medical attention in such case. Signs of allergic reactions include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of throat or face.
Drug Interactions to be careful about?
Glynase shows interaction with the following drugs –
- Ethinyl Estradiol
Shows Effects/Results In
- The onset of action can be observed within 30 minutes of oral administration.
- Duration of effect lasts for about 12-24 hours.
Storage Requirements for Glynase
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Glynase
- It is important to have your meal after taking Glynase.
- Use of alcohol should be avoided as it may increase the risk of adverse effects due to Glynase.
- It is recommended to take proper diet and indulge in regular exercise for achieving better results.
Is Glynase addictive?
No, Glynase is not addictive.
Can I have Glynase with alcohol?
No. Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Glynase therapy as it may alter blood sugar levels.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food products rich in sugar (glucose) content.
Can I have Glynase when pregnant?
Not recommended unless necessary as abnormal blood glucose levels during pregnancy are associated with higher incidence of congenital abnormalities.
Can I have Glynase when feeding a baby?
No, as Glynase may pass into breast milk and may harm the foetus by decreasing blood sugar levels
Can I drive after taking Glynase?
Glynase intake doesn’t affect your ability to drive. However hypoglycaemia caused due to overdosage or skipping meals and hyperglycaemia due to improper dosage may cause drowsiness, fatigue, impaired concentration, sleepiness etc which may hinder with driving and operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Glynase?
An overdosage Of Glynase may lead to hypoglycemia, symptoms of which include weakness, shaking of the body, blurred vision, excessive sweating, stomach pain, and seizures. Immediately contact your doctor in such a case.
What happens if I eat expired Glynase?
No major side effect is seen upon consumption of a single dose of expired Glynase. However, if you notice any severe side effects, immediately inform your doctor.
What happens if I miss a dose of Glynase?
Take the missed dose 30 minutes before the next meal. However, if it is almost time for your next dose then skip the missed dose.