Skip to Content
- What is Jojoba Oil?
- Characteristics of Jojoba Oil
- Jojoba Oil Benefits
- How to Apply Jojoba Oil to Your Hair?
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Popular Jojoba Oils, According to Reviews and Ratings
- Side Effects and Precautions
Even if you don’t know much about it, you’ve probably heard of Jojoba Oil. So, what is this miracle oil all about? Well, Jojoba oil is the liquid produced using the seed of the Simmondsia Chinensis plant. This shrub is native to Southern Arizona, Southern California, and North Western Mexico. Let us take a closer look at what this leathery-leaved evergreen shrub has to offer.
What is Jojoba Oil?
The word “jojoba” refers both to the desert plant and the extract obtained from its seed. There are many benefits of Jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is an oil-like wax that is a key ingredient in many beauty and hair care products.
Characteristics of Jojoba Oil
- Fights bacterial and fungal diseases (High iodine content)
- Nourishes skin with nutrients like Vitamin E, copper, selenium & zinc
- Fights off free radicals and cell damage with Vitamin B Complex
These characteristics of Jojoba oil also help improve the quality of your skin. Explore the benefits of Jojoba oil for your skin here.
Jojoba Oil Benefits
Our hair is often subjected to abuse with regular styling and heating. To counter the damage caused, use jojoba oil for deep conditioning your hair. Here are some of the benefits of Jojoba Oil:
1. Cleanses Scalp
Jojoba oil helps to clean the traces of clogged and crusted sebum. This, in turn, may help to reduce hair fall and breakage. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties keep the scalp clean and healthy.
2. Adds Shine To Your Hair
Jojoba oil works great as a serum and imparts a healthy shine to the hair. This natural oil smoothens the hair cuticles and tames dry, frizzy, and dull hair. It adds lustre and shine to the hair by minimizing the damage caused by pollutants and chemicals.
3. Helps In Hair Growth
Jojoba oil is an excellent way to provide your hair that extra boost. Our hair secretes sebum or oil to keep it moisturized. When mixed with a shampoo or a hair conditioner, it will help remove the sebum which is present at the scalp. This has the effect of promoting hair growth.
4. Moistures The Scalp
Best for the deep and lasting moisturizing effect and balances the PH level of the scalp. It moisturizes your scalp deep down to the pores without evaporating.
5. Helps Maintain Coloured Hair
If you have colored hair, apply jojoba oil on your hair before going for a swim. This closes your hair cuticles and prevents chemicals from stripping your hair color.
How to Apply Jojoba Oil to Your Hair?
Avoid applying oil directly to the scalp as it may cause clogging of pores. Using Jojoba Oil to counter the effects of a dry scalp and dandruff? Add some of your favorite shampoo or conditioner before use.
- Pour a few drops of oil into a bowl
- Place the bowl in a microwave to heat it
- Gently dip your hand into the warm oil and apply it to your hair
- Cover up your oiled hair with a plastic cap to prevent oil from oozing out
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, then wash your hair with a shampoo or conditioner
- Let the hair dry naturally
Popular Jojoba Oils, According to Reviews and Ratings
- Leven Rose Pure 100 Percent
- Teddie Organics
- Viva Naturals Cold Pressed
Side Effects and Precautions
Excessive use could cause hyperemia(excessive blood flow). Follow doses and directions closely, and no issues should occur.
Also Read: Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Your Face