Table of Contents
- 1 What are Green Coffee Beans?
- 2 Benefits of Green Coffee Beans
- 2.1 For Hair
- 2.2 Strengthens Hair
- 2.3 Fights Alopecia
- 2.4 For Skin
- 2.5 Acts as an Anti-Aging Agent
- 2.6 Boosts Immune System
- 2.7 Adds Moisture to Skin
- 2.8 Health Benefits of Green Coffee Beans
- 2.9 Antioxidant Dense
- 2.10 Increases Metabolism and Helps in Weight Loss
- 2.11 Have Fat Burning Capability
- 2.12 Supresses Hunger
- 2.13 Treats Type 2 Diabetes
- 2.14 Lowers Bad Cholesterol
- 2.15 Enhances Blood Circulation
- 2.16 Serves as Natural Detox
- 2.17 Increases Energy Levels
- 3 Green Coffee Beans Extract: How Much of It is Safe?
- 4 Side Effects and Precautions
- 5 Where to Buy
What are Green Coffee Beans?
The unroasted beans or seeds of the Coffea Arabica plant are the green coffee beans. The roasting process removes the antioxidants which is not good for overall health. However, since the green coffee beans are not roasted, they entail several benefits for the skin, hair and overall health.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Green Coffee Bean in Hindi
Benefits of Green Coffee Beans
Green coffee beans are rich in antioxidants which protect the hair from environmental damage and pollution giving strong and beautiful locks.
Green coffee bean extract can cure androgenetic alopecia. The development as well the thickness of hair strand is boosted significantly.
Acts as an Anti-Aging Agent
The chlorogenic acid (CGA) of the green coffee beans is almost 10 times more effective in combating free radicals in our body. Other antioxidants such as ferulic acid slow down aging and entail a youthful appearance. Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), Theophylline are certain volatile ingredients which further sustain and enhance skin health.
Boosts Immune System
Due to the presence of powerful antioxidants present in the green coffee bean, all toxic and waste elements are flushed out of our body. One can get rid of pale and acne ridden skin and boost the immune system.
Adds Moisture to Skin
Many fatty acids such as linoleic acid, Oleic acid, among others, provide nourishment to the skin and prevent it from sagging, pigmentation and other skin damages.
Health Benefits of Green Coffee Beans
Umpteen studies have been carried out which support the fact that unroasted and raw green coffee beans possess CGA in its purest form. This acid has strong antioxidant properties capable of managing blood glucose levels and prevent deceleration of our skin cells.
Increases Metabolism and Helps in Weight Loss
The Chlorogenic Acid (CGA) present in the green coffee beans increases the Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and reduces the surplus release of glucose from the liver into the blood. As a result, the fat stored in cells is used by the body to meet its glucose needs. This activity results in weight loss.
According to a study conducted by Joe Vinson and colleagues of the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania and presented to American Chemical Society’s Spring 2013 National Meeting and Exposition in New Orleans, participants who consumed green coffee extract for about 22 weeks lost about 10 % of their weight.
Have Fat Burning Capability
The Kelp content of green coffee beans is loaded with vitamins and minerals. This accelerates the metabolism in our body and helps to burn excess fat and calories.
Green coffee beans supress appetite and prevents overeating. The fat deposits are first burned by our bodies for its energy requirements and this entails further weight loss.
Treats Type 2 Diabetes
The extract of green coffee beans is said to lower high blood sugar levels and speed up weight loss, both of which are closely linked to curing Diabetes Mellitus Type 2.
The above pointer is supported by a study on the efficacies of green coffee extract conducted by Joe Vinson and his colleagues, University of Scranton in Pennsylvania.
Lowers Bad Cholesterol
Consumption of green coffee bean extract regularly is said to lower the Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol which is the main reason behind cardiac arrests.
Enhances Blood Circulation
Green coffee beans contain a potent ingredient that prevents the platelets from forming clusters. This prevents the arteries from hardening entailing enhanced blood circulation throughout the body.
Serves as Natural Detox
The green coffee bean extract detoxifies the liver and flushes out toxins, bad fats and cholesterol. This eventually improves the liver functionality and perks up metabolism and overall health of an individual.
Increases Energy Levels
The high amount of caffeine contained in green coffee beans can give an instant energy boost.
Green Coffee Beans Extract: How Much of It is Safe?
The dosing of Green Coffee Bean Extract depends on its chlorogenic acid content which, in isolation, is recommended in the 120–300 mg range. Based on the above information, the recommended intake would be:
- 1,200–3,000 mg (10% chlorogenic acid)
- 600–1,500 mg (20% chlorogenic acid)
- 240–600 mg (50% chlorogenic acid)
Side Effects and Precautions
- Avoid using green coffee bean extract in pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Consuming high amounts of chlorogenic acid for short periods can increase homocysteine levels which have been linked to heart disease
- Anxiety disorders can become worse with green coffee bean extract consumption
- The bleeding disorders might get aggravated with consumption of green coffee bean extract
- Caffeine in the green coffee bean extract can make diabetes management more tricky
- Caffeine, if taken in large amounts, can lead to diarrhea as well as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Glaucoma related pressure starts to build up after 30 minutes of green coffee bean consumption and can last for about 90 minutes
- The caffeine from green coffee or other sources can increase the flushing out of calcium through urine. This increases the chances of developing osteoporosis
Where to Buy
Best Brands That Sell Green Coffee Bean
- Zenith Nutrition