Table of Contents
- 1 Interesting Nutritional Information
- 2 Health Benefits Of Green Tea
- 3 13 Important Questions About Green Tea Answered
- 3.1 Is Green tea harmful?
- 3.2 What are the side effects of drinking too much Green tea?
- 3.3 What nutrients are there in Green tea?
- 3.4 Is it safe to drink Green Tea every day?
- 3.5 Does Green tea reduce belly fat?
- 3.6 Is Green tea bad for your liver?
- 3.7 Can we drink Green tea in the morning on an empty stomach?
- 3.8 Which tea is best for reducing belly fat?
- 3.9 How many cups of Green tea a day should I drink to lose weight?
- 3.10 How can I lose my belly fat in a week?
- 3.11 Is Green tea bad for fatty liver?
- 3.12 Is Green tea good for liver cirrhosis?
- 3.13 What drinks are good for your liver?
- 3.14 Buying Green Tea
What Is Green Tea?
Green tea is a type of tea that is made from ‘Camellia Sinensis’ leaves which have not undergone the oxidation process.It is a process wherein a series of chemical reactions result in the browning of tea leaves, thereby giving them the required flavor and aroma.
A lot of research has taken place around the nutritional value of green tea. The experts in this field agree to the fact that it has various nutritional benefits which are simply wonderful.
You May Also Like: Benefits of Drinking Tea
Interesting Nutritional Information
- Green tea is a calorie-free beverage, the consumption of which is recommended up to 4 cups per day. It is really helpful in aiding weight loss
- One cup of hot green tea consists of 99.5% water. As it is a hydrating drink, it comes next to water as one of the most popular beverages people prefer drinking
- Green tea is a very good source of antioxidants, catechins and alkaloids
- Green tea contains several essential vitamins like A, D, E, C, B, B5, H and K
- It is packed with naturally occurring beneficial minerals such as Manganese, Zinc, Chromium and Selenium
- The most active constituent of green tea is Epigallocatechin Gallate or EGCG, which is an influential antioxidant that helps fight inflammation, cancer-causing cells etc.
- Green tea contains caffeine content, but, the amount of caffeine is low as compared to other beverages
- Green tea, being alkaline in nature, helps reduce blood sugar naturally. Its antioxidant and astringent nature allows your pancreas to function better, thus, leading to better secretion of insulin and more absorption of blood sugar
- Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea. It is thought to provide a soothing effect to tea drinkers, and keep depression at bay
- Green tea contains many compounds such as polyphenols, tannins, theophylline, caffeine, vitamin C and many other organic substances which help boost immunity, protect your body from harmful toxins etc.
Explore: Side Effects of Green Tea
Health Benefits Of Green Tea
- Prevents dental decay, bad breath
- Increases metabolism
- Burns stored fat
- Regulates blood sugar level
- Prevents Cancer
- Reduces the level of bad cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases inflammation
- Boosts immunity
Therefore, it is important to note that moderate consumption of green tea is good for your health and will give you ample of nutritional benefits. But excess intake may have harmful effects on your health. Moreover, pregnant or breastfeeding women, people with heart problems, stomach ulcers, psychological and kidney disorders should avoid drinking green tea.
13 Important Questions About Green Tea Answered
Is Green tea harmful?
Green Tea consumed in the right quantity does not cause any medical problems. However, excess intake of this supplement can lead to stomach upset and constipation.
What are the side effects of drinking too much Green tea?
Consumption of Green tea in excess can cause stomach problems such as constipation. To avoid health issues, you must not drink more than 3-4 cups of this beverage in a day.
What nutrients are there in Green tea?
Green Tea comprises of a wide range of nutrients such as Vitamins B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Folic Acid.
Is it safe to drink Green Tea every day?
Yes, you can drink Green tea every day. However, you must ensure that the intake of this beverage should not be more than 3-4 cups in a day.
Does Green tea reduce belly fat?
Green tea is a natural supplement that is highly beneficial for weight loss. It improves the body’s efficiency to burn energy and reduce belly fat. Green tea’s caffeine level is also useful in lowering weight.
Is Green tea bad for your liver?
It is advisable to drink Green tea in appropriate quantity so as to avoid health risks such as liver damage. The antioxidants present in the herbal supplement can lead to liver problems, if taken in excess.
Can we drink Green tea in the morning on an empty stomach?
Yes, intake of Green tea in the morning is actually beneficial for regulating weight loss. Consuming it on an empty stomach will not cause any harm to your body.
Which tea is best for reducing belly fat?
Herbal supplements such as Black tea and Green tea can be used for losing abdominal or belly fat.
How many cups of Green tea a day should I drink to lose weight?
You can consume nearly 4 cups of Green tea every day to reduce weight. It will be a great idea to have one cup of this beverage early in the morning and throughout the day between your meals.
How can I lose my belly fat in a week?
You must limit the consumption of calories in order to reduce belly fat. Water, water with squeezed lemon, and green tea are some of the healthy beverages that can be consumed to achieve weight loss goal.
Is Green tea bad for fatty liver?
Green tea comprises of beneficial chemicals such as EGCG, which is a part of a group of compounds called polyphenols. According to a study published in the “Journal of Nutrition”, it has been ascertained that Green tea is helpful in curing fatty liver disease and fat metabolism.
Is Green tea good for liver cirrhosis?
The consumption of Green tea has been associated with reduced risk of liver cirrhosis. However, more studies are being conducted in order to validate this statement.
What drinks are good for your liver?
Herbal supplements such as Green tea can be consumed to cure liver problems such as fatty liver disease and liver cirrhosis. However, the intake of Green tea must not exceed 3-4 cups a day to avoid medical problems.
Buying Green Tea
Here are some retailers that offer great discounts on green tea. You can use the following promo codes to save money when you buy green tea:
Also check-out Best Green Tea Brands in India