Table of Contents
- What is Grenil?
- Uses of Grenil
- How Does Grenil Work?
- How to Take Grenil?
- Grenil Price In India
- Common Dosage for Grenil
- Precautions – When to Avoid Grenil?
- Side-Effects of Grenil
- Allergic Reactions Reported
- Effects of Grenil on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Grenil
- Storage Requirements about Grenil
- Pro Tips When Taking Grenil
- FAQs – Things to Know About Grenil
- Is Grenil addictive?
- Can I have Grenil with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Grenil when pregnant?
- Can I have Grenil when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Grenil?
- What happens if I overdose on Grenil?
- What happens if I eat expired Grenil?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Grenil?
- When was Grenil made?
What is Grenil?
Grenil is made with a combination of Domperidone and Paracetamol. It belongs to a group of Dopamine antagonist drugs. Grenil is used in the gastrointestinal tract to treat slow passage of food which is associated with gastritis or diabetes.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Medlife Discount Code | Coupons For Netmeds
Uses of Grenil
Grenil is used to treat:
- Migraine attacks
- Problems in inner ear and brain
- Nausea and vomiting
Also Read: Hyocimax Uses | Isolazine Uses | Ivabrad Uses
How Does Grenil Work?
As Grenil is a calcium channel blocker, it relaxes the smooth muscles so that the heart doesn’t need to pump hard to pass the blood. It is also used in the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
How to Take Grenil?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break the extended-release capsule.
- Take Grenil with a full glass of water.
- Take this drug 10 to 15 minutes before a meal
- Try to take Grenil at the same time every day.
Grenil Price In India
|Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 46.5|
|5mg/250mg Bottle of 60 ml Suspemsion||Rs 38.00|
|Grenil F: 10mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 33.00|
|Grenil F: 5mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 17.7|
Also Read: Glycopyrrolate Price | Gudcef Price
Common Dosage for Grenil
The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage. The minimum dosage is 10 mg which can be increased up to 30 mg in adults.
Precautions – When to Avoid Grenil?
While taking Grenil you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Grenil along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking this drug.
Side-Effects of Grenil
Some common side effects of Grenil are:
- Troubled sleeping
- Unusual movement of muscles
- Runny nose
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Tiredness or weakness
- Increased liver enzymes
- Excess sweat
- Swelling in the face, tongue, hand, tongue, and eyelids.
Also Read: Lanoxin Side Effect | Lecope Side Effect | Looz Side Effect
Allergic Reactions Reported
The allergic reaction reported with Grenil is a skin rash.
Effects of Grenil on Organs
Grenil increases the number of liver enzymes which can cause liver injury. High dosage may increase the risk of liver dysfunction.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
A drug which causes serious effects while interacting with Grenil is Simvastatin mainly. Drugs which can be taken under certain circumstances and which show moderate effects are Oxycodone, Rifampin, Ativan, Abilify, Ambien, Neurontin, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Grenil
Grenil will show its effect within 1 to 2 weeks but you should follow this medication according to the doctor’s advice for full recovery.
Storage Requirements about Grenil
Grenil can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Grenil
- Grenil should be taken in the prescribed dosage and dosage must be increased only when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this drug as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Grenil.
FAQs – Things to Know About Grenil
Is Grenil addictive?
No, Grenil is not addictive.
Can I have Grenil with alcohol?
No. Having Grenil with alcohol will cause dizziness and tiredness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Grenil when pregnant?
Grenil is not recommended during pregnancy as it may cause side effects in the baby. Although you can consult your doctor.
Can I have Grenil when feeding a baby?
Taking Grenil while breastfeeding can cause serious side effects in infants according to the amount of the drug absorbed and passed through the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Grenil?
You should avoid driving if you feel dizzy.
What happens if I overdose on Grenil?
It would cause an increase in liver enzymes which can damage liver functions.
What happens if I eat expired Grenil?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Grenil?
If you miss a dose of Grenil take it as soon as you remember it within 12 hours. If you don’t, just go back to your regular dosage.
When was Grenil made?
Grenil was made in the year 1980.