Table of Contents
Gripe water is a product for infants to relieve them from gastrointestinal ailments. It is a non-prescription product. Little babies have immature digestive systems, and thus they have a lot of stomach pains. Gripe water can act as a remedy and provide much-needed relief to both the baby and the parents. It is mostly composed of liquid sodium bicarbonate along with fennel, ginger, chamomile and other herbs. Read on to know more about its benefits, doses and side effects.
Gripe Water Price
|Specifics||Gripe Water Price|
|Dabur Gripe Water – 125 ml||Rs 40|
Gripe Water Benefits
1. Relieves Stomach Ailments
Gripe water provides relief to babies from stomach aches and pains.
2. Corrects Digestive System
It helps babies to pass gas because of the natural herbs present in Gripe water. This corrects their digestive systems and more importantly, relieve them of stomach pain.
3. Relief From Colic
Many people also use Gripe water to get relief from Colic, which is severe abdomen pain.
Gripe water is used as a tonic for infants to provide relief from colic and pain due to indigestion.
Gripe water should be given to 1-6-year-olds in 2.5 – 5 ml doses and not more than 5 times in 24 hours. It is highly recommended to consult a doctor before giving it to the baby.
- Gripe water may cause an allergic reaction in babies.
- It is not approved by the FDA so one should consult a child specialist doctor before giving to the baby.
- Earlier, Gripe water also contained alcohol. So it is better to check ingredients before purchasing and make sure it is non-alcoholic.
Buyer’s guide for Gripe water
- Mother sparsh