What is Gudcef?
Gudcef is an antibiotic drug which is made with an active ingredient known as Cefpodoxime. As it has anti-bacterial efficacy, it is used to treat skin infections and ear infections, especially of the middle ear.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Netmeds Voucher Code | Pharmeasy Offers
Uses of Gudcef
- Gudcef is used in the treatment of Sexually transmitted diseases (STD) like Gonorrhoea and infections in the reproductive organs.
- It is also used to treat strep throat, Bronchitis, intestinal infections, and pneumonia.
- The extensive use of Gudcef results in resistance against both Gram-positive and Gram-Negative Bacteria.
Also read about other medicine's Uses: Glycopyrrolate Uses | Grenil Uses
How Does Gudcef Work?
- Gudcef is a macrolide type of antibiotic.
- It works by preventing the multiplication of bacteria by ceasing the production of proteins which is essential for the growth of bacteria.
- Without the presence of these proteins, the bacteria would stop increasing in number and eventually gets destroyed by cells in the immune system.
How to Take Gudcef?
- The dose and time interval for taking Gudcef may vary according to the infections caused by bacteria. It comes in the form of tablets, or liquid forms like eye drop and injection.
- Gudcef tablets should be taken orally with a glass of water either one hour before a meal or two hours after a meal. It means this drug should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Eye drops should be put twice or thrice a day in the affected eye as per the advice of your doctor.
- Even though the symptoms of infections disappear, make sure to complete the given dosage carefully.
Gudcef Price In India
|25mg Oral Drops:Packet of 10 ml Oral Drops||Rs 55.00|
|50mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 73.7|
|100mg Strip of 10 Tablets DT||Rs 104.5|
|200mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 132.00|
|Gudcef Plus: Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 170.00|
|Gudcef CV:100mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 130|
|Gudcef XL: Strip of 10 Tablets XL||Rs 170.00|
Also Read: Lanoxin Price | Lecope Price | Looz Price
Common Dosage for Gudcef
Dosage would differ for various reasons such as:
- Type of infection
- Health condition
- Age of the person
- Weight of the person
- Allergic reactions
For adults, it may be 500 mg per day for three days or 250 mg per day for four to five days. If it is for children or an infant, it is 20mg per day for three to five days.
Precautions – When to Avoid Gudcef?
- As it is an antibiotic, it should not be used against common cold and flu which are viral infections.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, you should consult your doctor before taking Gudcef.
- It shouldn’t be taken along with some other drugs such as Antacids.
Side-Effects of Gudcef
Some reported side effects of Gudcef are:
- Stomach pain or upset
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mild diahorrea
- Constipation problems
- Itching in skin and vagina
- Dark urination
- Sleeping problem
- Chest pain
- Gastric problems
Also Read: Hyocimax Side Effect | Isolazine Side Effect
Effects of Gudcef on Organs
Gudcef can cause some serious side effects in the liver. Liver functions should be monitored by taking blood tests. Evidences are also found to have some side effects in Kidney too. The symptoms will be
- Appetite loss
- Yellowing of skin
- Weakening in strength
- Dark urination
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
The following allergic reactions have been reported with Gudcef:
- Trouble in breathing
- Swelling of face and lips
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Inform your doctor beforehand if you are using Antacids as it would reduce the absorption of Gudcef in the body due to the presence of Magnesium.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking herbal medicines before taking Gudcef as it would reduce the effect on infections.
Effects/Results after Consuming Gudcef
The result will be effective within a few days after taking the prescribed dosage. It has the potential power to cure the infections fast. Although the symptoms subside, you shouldn’t stop the medication.
Storage Requirements for Gudcef
- Tablets can be stored at room temperature.
- Eye drops should be stored in a refrigerator between 20C to 80C before opening it.
- After opening it, it should remain stored between 20C to 250C
Pro Tips When Taking Gudcef
- Make sure that you are not allergic to antibiotics. If you are, Gudcef will cause serious side effects.
- Contact your physician immediately if you feel nausea or vomiting after taking Gudcef.
- If you have any liver, kidney and heart problems, kindly consult your doctor beforehand as Gudcef doesn’t let these organs function in a proper manner.
FAQs – Things to Know About Gudcef
Is Gudcef addictive?
No, Gudcef is not addictive. There is no evidence till now that it causes addiction.
Can I have Gudcef with alcohol?
No. Having Gudcef with alcohol will increase the side effects on the liver, which would result in damage to liver functions.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Gudcef when pregnant?
As Gudcef is a group of Macrolide antibiotic, it is reported to be normal to take this drug when pregnant. But it is important to consider the different metabolic effect on persons; it is safe to consult with your doctor.
Can I have Gudcef when feeding a baby?
- You must always inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding your child.
- Gudcef is reported to pass in the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Gudcef?
You should avoid driving if you feel dizzy, drowsy or sleepy after taking Gudcef Tablets.
What happens if I overdose on Gudcef?
- If you have taken an overdose, it is advisable to contact your consulting physician immediately.
- An overdose of Gudcef can cause liver damage, which is the most serious side effect.
- It can also cause irregular heart rhythm (too fast or too slow)
What happens if I eat expired Gudcef?
- An expired antibiotic will not be effective to treat bacterial infections.
- However, it is advisable to consult your physician if you feel unwell or sick after consuming an expired medicine.
What happens if I miss a dose of Gudcef?
- The drug won’t show a potential effect if you miss the dose at some time.
- A specific amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it if it’s not already time for the second dose. It is not advisable not to take the double dosage.