Guduchi or Tinospora ( Tinospora cordifolia) is called “Amritavalli” in Sanskrit that translates to “creeper with amrit”. The climbing shrub of Guduchi is highly valued in Ayurveda for its revitalising, immune boosting and other beneficial properties. This herb has potent ama properties that can effectively treat faulty digestion.
Grown in deciduous and dry forests in various parts of India, Guduchi has high medicinal value when growing on a neem tree than a Guduchi which grows alone.
|Himalaya Wellness Pure Herbs Guduchi Immunity Wellness – 60 Tablet||Rs 132|
|Guduchi The Ayurvedism Obesidat – 60 Tablets||Rs 599|
|Guduchi The Ayurvedism Sukesham Ayurvedic Anti Hair Fall Oil – 200 ml||Rs 390|
|Morpheme Remedies Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia) 500 mg Extract – 60 Veg Capsules||Rs 349|
1. Treats Digestive Ailments
Guduchi treats digestive ailments such as hyperacidity, colitis, appetite loss, abdominal pain and also ailments of the liver like hepatitis.
2. Treats Chronic Fever
The starch of the Guduchi plant is a home remedy for treating chronic fever, reduces burning sensation while enhancing appetite and energy.
3. Treats Renal Ailments
Guduchi reduces levels of blood urea and helps in getting rid of renal caliculi
4. Treats Rheumatic Disorders
The combination of guduchi and sunthi can treat conditions such as gout and rheumatic ailments
5. Diabetes Treatment
The mixture of guduchi, nimba and vasa can effectively treat diabetes. Blood sugar levels are lowered by consuming the said concoction.
6. Treats Hepatitis and Jaundice
Guduchi has detoxifying properties that can effectively treat hepatitis and jaundice. According to a clinical trial, rats were induced with liver toxicity. The rats were then given an alcoholic extract of Guduchi. The livers of the rats were protected by the extract therein showing its hepatoprotective efficacy.
7. Acts as a Rejuvenator
Guduchi reduces oxidative stress in humans. It is a potent antioxidant that can also prevent premature aging.
Also Read - Dabur Ashwagandharishta Benefits
Uses of Guduchi Powder
- Treats anemia and splenic disorders
- Enhances memory
- Gives better complexion and luster to the skin
- Has a balancing effect on all the three doshas in Ayurveda i.e, kapha, pitta and vata.
- Boosts Immunity
- Fights endogenous toxins
- Supports natural functioning of the liver
- Purifies blood
Also Read - Bael Fruit Uses
Guduchi Powder Nutritional Value
|Nutrients||Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value|
How to Consume Guduchi Powder
Guduchi is mostly used in powdered form. However, its other parts such as leaves can be also put to use.
Treating Fever and Anorexia
- First prepare Guduchi Kashayam by boiling 2 and half tbsp of Guduchi powder in 1 and half cups of water on medium heat.
- Don’t cover the pot and stir continuously till the water reduces to half a cup
- To this decoction, add 2-3 pieces of long pepper and stir well
- Take 4-6 teaspoons of this Kashaya with one teaspoon of honey, either once or twice a day prior to having food.
- This preparation can be continued for 3-4 weeks.
Recommended Dosage for Guduchi
Guduchi powder dosage: 3 to 6 gms per day in divided dosage
Also Read - Ashwagandharishta Dosage | Avipattikar Dosage
Side Effects of Consuming Guduchi
- Can cause s burning sensation of the abdomen
- Avoid use of Guduchi during pregnancy
- Diabetic patients on an anti-diabetic treatment plan should use Guduchi with utmost care and consult a healthcare practitioner before use
- It is imperative to monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis
- immunosuppressant group of drugs and hypoglycemic drugs can interact with Guduchi
Where to Buy Guduchi:
Best Brands that Sell Guduchi
- Sri Jain Ayurvedic Pharmacy
- Ayurvedic Life