Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Guduchi
- 2 1. Eliminates fat accumulation
- 3 2. Improves the functioning of the digestive system
- 4 3. Prevents obesity
- 5 4. Enhances insulin release and absorption
- 6 5. Removes bad cholesterol from blood vessels
- 7 6. Prevents formation of fatty liver
- 8 How to take Guduchi
- 9 Expert tips to use Guduchi
Weight gain occurs slowly so you don’t realize when it starts and before you realize it, you are too overweight to lose it all with just traditional means. You need to use certain supplements. There are lot of weight loss drugs in the market which people have tried time and again but they come with harmful side effects. Guduchi, also known as Tinospora Cordifolia or Giloy is a plant that is increasingly recommended for weight loss as it doesn’t have any side effects and helps you lose weight while maintaining your health and vitality. Here are all the benefits of Guduchi for weight loss.
Also Read - Chitrakadi Vati For Weight Gain
Benefits of Guduchi
1. Eliminates fat accumulation
Guduchi keeps the body’s metabolism on its toes in such a way that fat does not get a chance to be
stored in the body. Instead, it is used up in the form of energy, keeping the body active and healthy.
2. Improves the functioning of the digestive system
As a powerful antioxidant, Guduchi removes toxins from the gut, thus improving the digestive system. It promotes quicker digestion, removing instances of bloating and gas.
3. Prevents obesity
By promoting quicker digestion and preventing the accumulation of fat inside the body, Guduchi acts as a potent prevention technique for obesity.
4. Enhances insulin release and absorption
It regulates the release and absorption of insulin, preventing lifestyle diseases such as diabetes. It also acts as a great way to maintain sugar levels in diabetic patients. According to a study published in the Journal of Ayurvedic Medicine, Guduchi is widely used to treat diabetes mellitus and significantly reduced blood sugar levels.
5. Removes bad cholesterol from blood vessels
Guduchi is a miraculous plant that removes bad cholesterol from the blood vessels, making it easier for the heart to pump blood.
6. Prevents formation of fatty liver
Fatty liver is a common problem due to our lifestyle choices. Guduchi takes care of the condition while making the liver function properly.
How to take Guduchi
Guduchi comes in the form of powder, capsule or whole leaves. Here is how to use them:
- You can take one tablespoon of powder with warm water.
- You can also crush Guduchi leaves and boil them in hot water.
Expert tips to use Guduchi
- Guduchi is not a part of any allopathic treatment and will usually be prescribed by Ayurvedic health practitioners.
- For treatment of different diseases, Guduchi will be used in different doses. Do check with your doctor before use.
- Guduchi does not have any major side effects as it is natural. However, those with weak digestive systems have complained of constipation after prolonged usage.
Be sure to consult a practitioner before consuming Guduchi.