What is Hb-Rich?
Hb-Rich syrup is an oral supplement used predominantly for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia and deficiency of vitamin B12.
Each 15ml of Hb-Rich syrup contains:
- Ferric Ammonium Citrate (equivalent to elemental iron 32.8mg)- 250mg
- Folic acid- 0.5mg
- Cyanocobalamine (Vitamin B12)- 5mcg
Buy Smart & Save Money: 1mg Promo Code | Practo Promo Code
Uses of Hb-Rich
Hb-Rich syrup is used in the prevention and treatment of:
- Iron deficiency anemia due to inadequate intake of iron or excessive blood loss.
- Megaloblastic anemia due to deficiency of Vitamin B12 and folic acid
- Anaemia during pregnancy and lactation
- General weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Immunity building
- Hb-Rich may also be used for purposes not mentioned above.
How does Hb-Rich work?
- Hb-Rich provides elemental iron in the form of ferric ammonium citrate which restores iron deficiency quickly thus leading to faster replenishment of tissue iron stores and correction of anemia.
- Hb-Rich also contains folic acid and Vitamin B12 as its active ingredients which are the most important factors in maturation and production of red blood cells.
Read About: Bactifix
How to Take Hb-Rich?
- Hb-Rich Syrup should preferably be taken after food or as advised but it is always advisable to take it at a fixed time.
- In order to measure the prescribed dose, a medication-measuring device and not a household spoon should be used. Always shake the bottle well before each use.
Also Read: Bravia Composition | Carpela 21s Composition | Ginette Composition
Common Dosage for Hb-Rich
- The most recommended dose in adults is one to two tablespoon following a meal. In children, dosage should be administered as advised by the pediatrician.
- Patients with liver and kidney disease must consult with their physician before using Hb-Rich syrup.
Know About: Cystelia Dosage | Feripro Dosage
When to Avoid Hb-Rich?
Hb-Rich should not be used in:
- Allergy to any of its components
- Patients with liver disease
- Patients with moderate to severe renal dysfunction
Side-effects of Hb-Rich?
Side effects are possible but do not always occur in all the patients. More commonly observed side effects may include:
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Dark colored stool
- Itchy rashes on the skin
Also Read: Haematinga Side Effects
Effects on organs?
Should be administered with caution in the patient suffering from liver and kidney disease.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Signs of allergic reaction include :
- Rashes/itching of the skin
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
Hb-Rich Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
Shows Effects / Results In
You should start to feel recovered within the first few weeks of treatment with Hb-Rich.
Storage of Hb-Rich
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Do not freeze the medicine.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Hb-Rich
Hb-Rich Syrup is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver & kidney disease and should be avoided or the dose should be altered as advised.
Frequently asked questions
Is Hb-Rich Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Hb-Rich with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when administering Hb-Rich syrup. It may increase the risk of side effects like excessive drowsiness and calmness in few patients.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Hb-Rich syrup when Pregnant?
Hb-Rich Syrup can be administered in pregnant patients as it has shown no adverse effect on fetus.
Can I have Hb-Rich when feeding a baby?
It is safe to use Hb-Rich in cases of breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive after taking Hb-Rich?
Few patients experience side effects like drowsiness, headache, and dizziness when on Hb-Rich. In such patients, it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
What happens if I overdose on Hb-Rich?
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects.
- If anyone is suspected of an overdosage, seek medical care immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Hb-Rich?
Taking a single dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Hb-Rich?
Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time to take the second dose after that – do not take a double dose.