Dates, known as Khajoor, come from the Palms family. It’s a flowering plant cultivated for its fruit. Date palms have been known to exist for about 50 million years. However, the place of origin of date palms is still unknown.
Also Read: Benefits of Dates
Interesting Facts About Dates
- Archeological evidence suggests that dates have been a staple food of the Middle East and Indus Valley for thousands of years.
- One cup of dates contains around 400 calories.
- Dates can help you gain weight in a healthy way.
- Dates can provide relief from heart problems, anemia, sexual dysfunctions and various other conditions.
- Dates also help in preventing abdominal cancer.
- Dates contain a good amount of selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium which are essential for healthy bone development and strength.
- Interestingly, dates contain organic sulfur, an uncommon element to be found in foods. It helps in reducing allergic reactions and seasonal allergies.
- Dates are rich in potassium which promotes a healthy and responsive nervous system.
- Dates are also known to increase sexual stamina. It also helps in reducing sterility.
- Suffering from an awful hangover? Eat some dates!
This delicious fruit is an excellent source of various vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Besides, eating it raw, dates are also consumed by mixing its paste with milk or yogurt or as a bread spread. Date paste works wonders while recovering from an injury or illness!
Where To Buy Dates
Check out the offers and coupons below to save money when you buy dates online: