The Pistachio, commonly known as Pista, is also a part of the Cashew family. The tree is native to the Middle East and Central Asia. Pistas are packed with important nutrients and are rich in protein, fiber, magnesium, thiamine, and phosphorus. They also provide a good dose of vitamin B6, copper, and manganese.
Interesting Facts About Pistas:
- Pista is known as the “happy nut” in China and the “smiling nut” in Iran. It is also called the “green almond.”
- Pista is one of the oldest flowering nut trees. Humans have been eating pistas for at least 9000 years!
- Pistas are “colourful” nuts that have a green and purple hue due to antioxidants
- Pistas are one of the only two nuts mentioned in the Bible
- Pistas are one of the lowest fat, lowest calorie, and highest protein tree nuts.
- According to legend, the Queen of Sheba loved Pistas so much, she forbade commoners to from growing it for personal use
- Pistas may reduce the risk of heart diseases. This is because they are low in saturated fats and cholesterol
- Research has suggested that since Pistas are covered in shells, they help you eat less
- 49 Pista nuts have about as much protein as an egg
- Pistas are rich in 30 different vitamins, phytonutrients and minerals, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture Nutrient Database
Pistas can be found in many of your favourite delicacies. They can be eaten fresh, roasted or salted. They are a common ingredient in ice creams, kulfi, custards, salads and many other dishes. Also, did you know that if you hear the pista crack open, you’re considered lucky? If you think we’ve missed a fun fact that you know, tell us in the comments below!
Where To buy Pista?
Use the following coupon codes top save when you buy Pista online: