Table of Contents
The 13 Cards game, popularly known as Rummy in India, is one of the most loved card games. It also the most commonly played online card game in the country. The game requires initial luck followed by pure skill. If you know the rules and some tricks to stay ahead of the game, you can easily triumph every time you play. You can also check out the best sites to play free Rummy game. Read on to find out how to play 13 card rummy game like a pro.
Rules of 13 Card Game
- The game can be played between 2 or more people.
- Each player is given 13 random cards by the dealer.
- One card is chosen from the remaining cards to act as the Joker. This Joker can be used to substitute missing cards from an otherwise complete sequence.
- The aim is to make sets and sequences from the cards.
- Sets are formed by arranging 3 or more cards of the same suit together. For example, the king of Hearts, Spades, and Clubs together make a Set.
- Sequences are formed by arranging 3 or more consecutive cards from the same suit together an example, J, Q and K of hearts make one sequence.
- The Ace can be used as a low card (A,2,3) or as a high card (Q, K, A)
How To Play 13 Card Game
- Once the dealer distributes the cards among players, the play begins.
- Each player picks up one card and tries to arrange it into sequences or sets with his existing cards.
- At each turn, the player who picks up a card also has to discard one he is not using.
- Once all cards are arranged into sequences and sets, the last card is discarded and the player wins.
How To Play Points Rummy
Points Rummy is a popular variation of the 13 card game wherein the winner gets no points and losers accumulate points based on unmatched cards in their hand at the end of the round. When the game is wrapped up, the winner receives all the points accumulated by the losing players. Usually, a money value is attached to the points.
Tips & Tricks To Win 13 Card Game
- Make creating a pure sequence your first priority
- Make the best use of the Joker card
- Do not wait for a particular card for more than 2 turns. Try and start making a different combination.
- Try and discard high point value cards that you are not using first
- Keep an eye on the cards your opponents pick and discard to get a fair idea of their game
You can also read out Introduction to the Rummy Card Game to know more.
Where To Play 13 Card Game Online And Get Great Savings
Check out our list of websites to play Indian Rummy Game for Cash