Table of Contents
The 29 Card Game is one that requires smarts and strategy. It is most commonly played in South Asia including India, Bangladesh, and Nepal. Over time, the game has been through many variations, but the basic rules remain the same. Did we get you wondering how to play 29 card game? Here is a step-by-step guide to enjoying the game and winning it!
In case you wish to brush up your knowledge of rummy lobby and other basic rummy jargon, go through our quick guide of Rummy rules and regulations.
Rules of The 29 Card Game
- The game is played between 4 players wherein 2 people partner up together. 32 cards from the standard 52 card pack are used for the game.
- The 2, 3, 4 and 5 cards from each suite are removed from the deck. Each player gets one set. These are used as trump cards.
- Jacks, Nines, Aces and Tens carry 3,2,1 and 1 points respectively. Each player has four of these. This gives everyone 28 points in hand.
- Kings and Queens carry no points.
- The goal is to play tricks where you have the highest valued cards. The final trick has 1 extra point bringing the total to 29.
How To Play 29 Card Game
- The game is started by the person sitting to the right of the dealer.
- Each player consecutively makes a bid. Whoever makes the highest bid gets to choose the trump card.
- The first bid must be higher than 15 points. No one can bid more than 29. The highest bidder then chooses a trump card but does not tell the other players.
- Now, each player gets 4 more cards making everyone’s total 8.
- The person sitting to the left of the dealer plays the first card. The next player must follow the same suite.
- When a player cannot play the same suit, he tells the group. At this point, the trump card holder declares which card it is.
- The game continues until someone throws in a trump card. This person proceeds to get everyone’s cards and points.
- The person who plays the last card gets one extra point making the possible number of points 29.
- At the end of each round, points are counted. The team to reach 29 points first, wins.
Some Tips & Tricks To Win The 29 Card Game
- Try to throw lower cards initially and then move on to higher cards.
- Keep a thorough count of the cards thrown
- Practice online for free and strengthen your game before playing with money