Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overuse Hexigel?
- Q. What happens if I miss an application of Hexigel?
- Q. What happens if I use expired Hexigel?
- Q. Onset time of Hexigel?
- Warnings when using Hexigel
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Hexigel?
- What are the effects of Hexigel on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Hexigel
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Hexigel
- 3. Effects of Hexigel on Lab Tests
- 4. Hexigel’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have alcohol with Hexigel?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I use Hexigel when pregnant?
- Q. Can I use Hexigel when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Hexigel?
- Storage requirements for Hexigel
- Q. What is Hexigel?
- Q. What are the uses of Hexigel?
- Q. What are the side effects of Hexigel?
- Q. How long does it take for Hexigel to show results?
- Q. Does Hexigel make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Hexigel?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Hexigel effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Hexigel safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Hexigel?
- Q. Is Hexigel legal in India?
1What is Hexigel?
It is used mainly to treat inflammation of the oral tissues in conditions like gingivitis, mucositis and apthous ulcers of oral cavity. Extrinsic staining of teeth and altered taste sensation are some of the commonly seen side effects with Hexigel. It should be totally avoided in case of patients allergic to the drug and in children less than 1 year of age.
Hexigel Composition: Chlorhexidine Gluconate 1%w/w
Manufactured by: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as (Over the Counter) OTC drug.
Form: Gel, Gargles, Mouthwash and Ointment.
Price: Rs. 42.90 for 1 pack of 15 gm tube.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiseptic & Disinfectant.