What is Hibiscus?
Hibiscus also is known as Gudhal, Shoe Flower, Rose Mallow, Shoeblack plant or Chinese rose is a tropical flowering plant which is known to have many benefits on health. Hibiscus flowers come in a variety of colours which make it apt for decoration and the plant is also cultivated to be made into dietary supplements, teas and oils. It is loaded with Vitamin C, antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties. A sour tasting hibiscus tea can help cure an upset stomach, menstrual pain, bacterial infections, high blood pressure, acne, cold, premature greying and more.
Benefits of Hibiscus Powder for Hair Growth
- It is rich in Vitamin C and helps boost collagen ensuring hair growth
- Amino acids nourish the hair and strengthen your roots
- It adds lustre to the hair
- It stimulates hair growth from dormant follicles
- It unclogs pores and clears the scalp of excess sebum
- It stimulates blood flow to the scalp and aids in removing dandruff
- It adds to hair health by making them thick and adding volume
Ways to Use Hibiscus Powder
As a hair pack
- Apply equal amounts of Hibiscus and Amla powder mixed with mustard oil. Leave it on for an hour and wash with a mild shampoo. Curd can also be used instead of mustard oil.
- Make an aloe vera and hibiscus powder hair pack in 2:1 ratio. Massage it on the scalp and leave it on for 40 minutes.
- Mix 2 egg whites with 3 – 4 tbsp hibiscus powder. Apply and leave the pack on for an hour. Rinse with water later.
- Mix 3 – 4 tbsp hibiscus powder and mix it with almond oil and a few drops of milk. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Mix 3 – 4 tbsp of hibiscus powder with some coconut oil. Apply the mask and leave it on for an hour. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Hair fall can also be treated by mixing the juice of 1 – 2 onions with hibiscus powder or leaves and flower of the plant. Blend the ingredients and apply on your scalp. Wash it off after 30 minutes to an hour.
- Colour and nourish your hair by making a hair pack of hibiscus powder, henna, and coffee powder. Boil tea leaves in water and once it cools, strain it and mix it with other ingredients. Leave it overnight and apply the next morning. Let it stay for a couple of hours and rinse.
As a shampoo
- Take some hibiscus powder, mix it with 1 tbsp besan and add some yogurt to make a paste. Use this paste to wash your hair.
You can make various other packs by using natural ingredients like neem leaves, fenugreek seeds, ginger, egg whites, curry leaves etc. These packs will give your hair all the nourishment they need and give you long, lustrous locks.
You can also use the leaves and flowers of the hibiscus plant to make the above concoctions. You can use the red variety of flowers or any other colour if you cannot find it.
3 Important Questions About Hibiscus Powder Answered
Is the mixture of Hibiscus powder and Amla powder good for hair?
Yes, the mixture of Hibiscus powder and Amla powder is very good for hair. Hibiscus powder is rich in Vitamin C that helps to increase collagen that ensures hair growth. Amla is great to make your hair shiny and black, hence a mixture of Amla and Hibiscus acts as a great conditioner for hair.
Are Hibiscus leaves good for hair growth?
Hibiscus leaves are good for hair when applied in powdered form to hair. It has various minerals that helps to nourish hair and strengthen its roots.
Which kind of hibiscus leaves are good for hair growth?
Dark green coloured hibiscus leaves are good for hair growth.