Table of Contents
- 1 Properties of Honey and Lemon
- 2 Health Benefits of Honey and Lemon
- 3 Aids Digestion
- 4 Removes Water Retention
- 5 Detoxifies Body
- 6 Boosts Metabolism
- 7 Promotes Weight Loss
- 8 Increases Immunity
- 9 Relieves Flu Symptoms
- 10 Relieves Constipation
- 11 Uses of Honey and Lemon for Skin
- 12 Uses of Honey and Lemon for Hair
- 13 How to Use Honey and Lemon
- 14 For Skin
- 15 For Hair
- 16 For Overall Health
- 17 Dosage Of Honey and Lemon
- 18 Side Effects and Precautions
- 19 Best Websites To Buy Honey
The benefits of drinking honey and lemon water are no mystery. Taking the mixture on an empty stomach every morning can have a range of benefits from weight loss to skin detoxification.
Read on to find out how and why to take honey and lemon every day.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Honey and Lemon in Hindi
Properties of Honey and Lemon
Also read about: Honey Face Pack
Health Benefits of Honey and Lemon
The drink increases stomach acid secretion as well as bile production. This makes the digestion process more efficient, preventing issues like bloating, gas and stomach pain.
Removes Water Retention
Water retention causes bloating and weight gain. As a diuretic, honey and lemon removes excess water and increases urinary output. This not only reduces weight but also lowers blood pressure and swelling.
As strong anti-oxidants, both lemon and honey remove accumulated toxins from the body. The drink helps detoxify the kidneys, stomach and liver; promoting overall health.
Warm honey and lemon water can boost metabolism and get the body ready to start losing weight throughout the day.
Promotes Weight Loss
The diuretic, anti-oxidant and metabolism boosting action make it an amazing weight loss drink.
Lemon and honey are both potent immunity boosters which protect the body from disease causing germs. It can prevent colds, coughs, allergies and flu.
Relieves Flu Symptoms
Symptoms like chest congestion, blocked nose and sore throat can be eased by drinking lemon and honey water. It reduces mucus production naturally, giving instant relief from blockage.
It can increase secretions of digestive juices in the intestines improving digestion and regulating bowel movement.
Uses of Honey and Lemon for Skin
- Adds glow
- Removes acne
- Cleanses and removes impurities
- Soothes sunburns
- Removes blemishes
- Moisturizes skin
- Reduces open pores
- Prevents premature ageing
Uses of Honey and Lemon for Hair
- Removes damage
- Strengthen Hair
- Removes dandruff
- Reduces hairfall
How to Use Honey and Lemon
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with half a lemon
- Apply the mixture on your face after cleansing
- Keep the pack on for 10 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water
- Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Apply the mask into your roots and along the length of hair
- Massage to achieve penetration and cover with a towel or shower cap
- Rinse out with warm water after 30 minutes
- Follow up with your regular shampoo
For Overall Health
- Mix one tablespoon of honey into a glass of warm water
- Squeeze half a lemon into the drink
- Drink immediately
Dosage Of Honey and Lemon
- Drink – 240 ml/8 ounces of lemon and honey water every morning on an empty stomach
- Face Pack – Use once a week
- Hair Pack – Use once a week
Side Effects and Precautions
Excess honey and lemon water can cause certain side effects including:
- Heartburn and nausea
- Frequent urination
- Tooth decay