Our fast paced lifestyle and the dirt and pollution of the cities lead to various problems. Hair loss is one such issue which has started troubling people regardless of their age and sex. Although the market offers a wide range of products targeting hair loss, but how many of us can bear that hole in our pockets? We all use honey as an alternative and healthier sweetener. But did you know, honey is an effective moisturizing agent which can help prevent the loss of your hair? Give your hair the salon-like care and treatment they deserve at home!
Here are some amazing benefits of using honey to prevent hair loss
- Honey is an emollient, which means that honey is a moisturizing agent. It keeps your hair conditioned and thus, prevents breakage and prevents hair fall.
- Honey is loaded with antioxidants. It prevents your scalp from being dry and keeps it healthy and nourished.
- Honey possesses antibacterial properties. According to a study conducted by Dubai Specialised Medical Centre and Medical Research Labs, it helps prevent conditions of dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis. It also helps keep scalp infections at bay.
- One of the very common reasons for hair loss is the clogging of hair follicles. Honey cleanses the follicles and gets rid of the impurities.
- Honey not only promotes hair growth. It also facilitates re-growth of hair by from dormant follicles.
Ways to use honey to prevent hair loss:
1. Honey mixed with olive oil
Since olive oil itself acts as a conditioner, you can use this hair mask to improve hair health and promote hair growth.
Apply it 2-4 times a month.
2. Honey and banana
Blend 2 ripe bananas and honey with some olive oil. The vitamin B6, C and potassium content of bananas makes them suitable to facilitate hair growth. You may find it difficult to get rid of banana chunks from your hair in one wash, but it’s worth the effort!
Apply it 3-4 times a month for best results.
3. Honey with eggs
Eggs contain all the protein that your hair needs for a good growth, shine and volume. Beat 2 eggs and mix them with half cup of honey. Apply on the roots and witness the lustre of your hair after the wash.
Use it 3-4 times a month.
4. Honey and yogurt
Make a smooth mixture of some sour yogurt and honey. The citric acid in yogurt helps combat dandruff and yogurt brings natural shine and thickness.
Apply it once or twice a week for best results.
5. Honey with aloe vera
Massage your scalp with the honey and aloe vera paste to get rid of any scalp abnormalities. It also helps balance the pH levels of the scalp.
Apply it once or twice a week and see the results.
6. Honey with mayonnaise
Yes, we’re not kidding! Mayonnaise provides your scalp with essential oils and fatty acids, which pumps up your hair health. You can add an avocado for nourishing your scalp with antioxidants.
Apply it once a week. If you have an extremely dry scalp, you can even use it bi-weekly.
- In case you are diabetic, you should be wary of consuming honey in large quantities. It tends to increase blood sugar levels.
Excess consumption of honey may lead to weight gain.