Table of Contents
Honey is a sweet, sticky and yellowish-brown fluid which is made by bees and other insects from nectar collected from flowers. It offers healthy and delicious sweetness to your dishes. It is used mostly in food and beverages to add that sweet flavour but does not add unhealthy calories. Apart from adding flavour, honey is an awesome remedy for weight loss if mixed with warm water and other drinks.
Do you wish to shed those extra pounds from your body? Honey is the easiest and healthy option for you.
Also Read - Honey For Constipation | Honey for Diabetics
Natural Characteristics of Honey
- Contains minerals like potassium, calcium, phosphorous, etc.
- It is rich in vitamins like B-6, B-12, B-3
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Anti-bacterial properties
Benefits of Honey For Weight Loss
Honey mixed with warm water is a perfect remedy to accelerate your weight loss. You can take one glass of water in a bowl and bring it to boil for 1-2 minutes. Add one teaspoon of honey in it and sip it down early in the morning to aid in your weight loss journey. It provides energy for your workout sessions without accumulating fat in your body.
Flushes out Toxins From Your Body
Honey mixed with warm water flushes out toxins from your body. A healthy stomach is the key to a healthy weight loss. You can drink this water early in the morning or post workout to replenish your lost energy and to provide energy for the rest of the day.
Improves your Appetite
If you take honey along with a hot cup of tea in the morning, it will help you to improve your appetite. This does not make you crave for sugar and energy for the rest of the day. This drink ensures that you do not suffer from sugar spikes during your workout sessions. It is a great source of energy where it does not increase your calorie intake.
Honey and warm water not only provide energy but also accelerates the metabolic rate of your body. The increased metabolism helps you reduce weight at a faster pace.
Also Read - Green Coffee Beans for Weight Loss
Ways to use Honey For Weight Loss
- Add cinnamon to your mixture of warm water and honey to provide a fresh aroma of breath and energy in the morning. It also helps you reduce your weight as it curbs unnecessary hunger pangs.
- Sprinkle honey on the slices of apple to provide the much-needed fiber and provides energy to your body
- Add honey to a granola and have it in your breakfast or evening snack. To make it a little tasty, you can add yoghurt in a mixture of granola and honey.
- Add lemon to a mixture of honey and warm water to cut down extra pounds from your body and remove toxins from your body.
- Do not intake large quantities of honey if you are diabetic as it tends to increase blood sugar levels
- If you are on your fitness regime, do not over-consume honey as it is sweet and does contain calories