Table of Contents
500 rummy is a version of the popular game Rummy that uses both skill and luck. In this game, points are accumulated by laying down combinations of cards from your hand and the first player to put all seven cards down wins the round. The game is played over multiple rounds and is completed when one player reaches 500 points. 500 rummy can be played by 2 to 8 people and is a great option for weekend get-togethers and house parties. If you would like to enjoy this game with your buddies, here is exactly how to play 500 rummy.
How to play 500 Rummy – The GamePlay
- Put all the materials down including a deck of 52 cards, a pen, and a paper
- A dealer will deal these cards to everyone. In a game of 3 or more players, each player will receive 7 cards. In a game with only two players, each player will receive 13 cards
- The remaining cards will be used as a stockpile
- With every turn, players have to pick one card and discard another card while trying to come up with variations such as sequence.
- Players can choose cards from the pile of discarded cards which are facing up throughout the gameplay
- After a player makes combinations with all seven cards, sequence or color match, he puts them down ending the round and the cards are redistributed for the next round.
- The first player to accumulate 500 points wins
Value of cards in 500 Rummy
There are two types of values you can assign. The first is as follows
- Aces – 15 points
- Jokers (wildcards)- 15 points
- All face cards – 10 points
- Rest of the cards go for their original value (for example 7 of clubs is for seven points)
In the second type of scoring system
- All cards can be assigned five points except face cards
- Face cards go for 10 points
Hands in 500 rummy
- Sequence of 4 cards in the same suit
- Three cards of the same rank
- Four cards of the same rank
- Sequence of 3 cards in the same suit
Where To Play Rummy 500 Online?
If you have developed an interest in 500 rummy, you can play online on these websites: