Indian Rummy is one of the most popular card games played in the country. It is usually played with 13 cards. In Indian rummy, each player has to draw and discard one card in each round till all the 13 cards with the players make a sequence or a set. If you have always had a knack for playing rummy, here are the complete rules and some strategies for you to get better at Indian Rummy.
Game Play: Rules of Indian Rummy
- Each player gets 13 cards and the rest are kept in the stockpile. One card as the joker is pulled out and kept aside.
- A player must have a 2 card sequences in the 13 cards out of which one must be a pure sequence that is 3-4-5-6 of hearts or 3-4-5 of hearts and the other can be an impure sequence which uses a joker.
- Only one joker can be used in a set or sequence
- 2 decks are used for 4 players and for 3 decks are used for 5
- Cards discarded by a player cannot be used by him again
- When a player makes sequences and sets of all 13 cards, he wins
- If both the players make two sequence and one set then the player with the better sequences will win and if the sequences totally match then the player with the better set will win.
Value of Cards
- A sequence in a royal suite is of more value than non-royal suite
- The cards have value of what they represent with Aces both high and low
- Some people can rank the suites in the ascending order clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades and some choose not to rank suites at all
Tips and Tricks to Win Indian Rummy
- Make sure you discard the cards which you cannot work into a sequence or a set in the next few draws
- Make sure you use joker well
Where To Play Indian Rummy Online?
Think you’re an expert now? Play Indian Rummy online on these websites and prove your skills to the world.