Table of Contents
Rummy is one of the most popular card games in India. It is played with 7, 13, or 21 cards based on the skill and expertise of players. The 13-card rummy game is the one that is most popular among rummy w players. The game requires skill as well as luck to win. Wondering how to play rummy? Here are all the rules and regulations of the game.
You can also learn how to play Indian Rummy using our guide.
Rules & Regulations of Rummy
- It can be played between 2 or more players
- Each player is dealt 13 cards which he or she has to use to make sequences or sets
- One card is chosen and kept aside as the joker
- Sets are formed by arranging 3 or more cards of the same suit together. For example, the king of Hearts, Spades, and Clubs together make a Set.
- Sequences are formed by arranging 3 or more consecutive cards from the same suit together an example, J, Q and K of hearts make one sequence.
- The ace can be used as a high card or a low card
How To Play Rummy – The Game Play
- The dealer distributes the cards and a player chooses the joker
- Players draw and discard cards turn by turn, all the while trying to create sequences or sets.
- Discarded cards are placed face up in the stock-pile.
- When one player arranges all his cards into sets or sequences, he closes the stockpile by placing his remaining card face down
- He is declared the winner and points are calculated
- The winner gets no points while losers get points according to the cards left in their hands
- When all rounds of the game are finished, the winner gets all the points collected by the losers of each round.
Tips & Tricks to Win Rummy
- Try creating pure sequences first
- Use the joker wisely as it can be used to substitute any card
- Do not continue to wait for cards to show up. If you cannot get a desired card for more than 2 turns, move on to a different sequence or set.
- The stockpile is facing up so you can keep an eye on the cards your opponents pick up or discard. This way you can determine the hands they are creating and attempt to sabotage them.
- Discard high cards that carry more points
Where To Play Rummy Online?
Rummy is the most popular online game second only to poker. You can play online at these websites:
You can also go through our list of Indian Rummy game sites.