Table of Contents
Before modern poker variants gained traction, there existed only one. This was called the Seven Card Stud game. The rules of the game are almost similar to Hold’em with just a few additions. If you are already good at Hold ’em, you might already be an ace at this as well. If not, read on to know exactly how to play and win the Seven Card Stud game.
You can also learn how to play Omaha Poker through our guide.
How To Play – Game Play of Seven Card Stud Game
- Bets and ante are placed before the game begins
- All players receive their chips and the deck is shuffled
- The dealer deals 2 cards face down to every player starting from his left in a clockwise manner
- Then, the players determine the ‘Bring’ based on who has the lowest value up card.
- The player who brings makes a bet equal to the ante
- The player to his left then folds, calls or raises
- The game progresses with 7 betting rounds and players either fold or keep playing
- When only two players are left, the showdown begins
- In the showdown, each player tries to make the best 5 card hand with the 7 cards he is dealt
- The discerned winning hand wins the pot
Value of Hands in Seven Card Stud Game
Value of hands in the game is the same as normal poker. These include (Highest to Lowest):
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pair
- One Pair
- High Card
The higher, winning hand at the end of the showdown round is decided based on these ranks. Individual suites are not ranked in poker.
Tips & Tricks To Win Seven Card Stud Game
- The strategy is everything in the game and luck plays a very small role so play wisely
- Continuously try to improve your hand as the game gives a lot of room to improve. You only need to make 5 card combinations in a 7 card hand. Utilize all cards well.
- Try to retain one or more high card to keep your value high
- The game will give you enough chances to win so see it through the showdown
- Discard as soon as your hand becomes hopeless according to you
Where To Play Seven Card Stud Game Online?
Here are the top websites that will allow you to play the seven-card stud game online. Through these websites, you can improve your skills or play for money.