Skip to Content
Having dry, damaged hair is like having a permanent bad hair day. There are several reasons for hair fall and other problems. The problems, including dullness, split ends, dryness, and hair fall are so apparent that you cannot hide them with any tricks. The only way to solve the problem is by eradicating it altogether. Wondering how to stop hair fall and other damage to your hair? We’ll answer all your questions here.
What Causes Hair Damage?
The causes of hair damage are all so common that everyone suffers from a bit of it. The Causes of hair damage include:
- Heat from styling tools like straighteners, curlers etc.
- Pollution and smoke
- Harsh brushing several times a day
- Harsh shampoo consisting of chemicals and sulphates
- Shampooing too often that it strips the hair of its natural oils
- Tying up the air too tight in ponytails or braids
- Chemical treatments like coloring and rebonding
- Not using a shampoo for dry hair type
Also Read: Best Shampoos For Hair Fall
It’s evident that everyone suffers hair damage through one cause or the other. So, how do you know if your hair is damaged?
Signs of Damage
- Rough hair
- Split Ends
- Extreme tangles
If you notice one or more of these signs, your hair is damaged. But, none of these are permanent. Here’s how to fix the damage that you just identified.
How To Repair Damaged Hair
1. Get Frequent Trims
As most damage occurs near the tips of hair, it is a great idea to get it chopped off and remove the damaged area. If you do not wish to reduce your hair length, short trims are always an option and still work well. When you continue getting frequent trims, you promote the growth of healthy hair.
2. Avoid styling tools
Place all your styling tools in a box and forget about them. As far as you keep your hair from heat, the less damaged they will be. Heat styling tools just dehydrate hair and make it vulnerable to dullness, breakage and split ends. In case you absolutely need to blow dry, switch your dryer to the cool setting.
3. Use sulphate free shampoo
Add a good suphate free shampoo to your hair care regimen. Choose a herbal shampoo with natural oils and extracts that nourish hair and restore health. Shampoos with suphates can strip hair of its natural protective oils. This leads to brittleness, breakage and dryness. Even when you get a shampoo devoid of suplhates, do not use it more than twice a week. Shampooing too often can also damage hair.
Damaged hair needs some TLC in the form of oiling. There are several benefits of oil for your hair. Give your hair a spa day by massaging it with hot oil, wrapping it up with a towel and following up with a mild shampoo. Do this deep conditioning ritual once every week to restore hair back to health. The oils that work well for dry, damaged hair include olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil and castor oil.
Proteins are the building blocks of hair. Adding protein to your diet is a great way to make hair healthy. Choose fruits, green leafy vegetables, pulses, lean meats, milk and soya to provide nourishment to your hair.
Check Out The Best: Food For Hair Growth
Hair Damage Treatment & Solution
Here are some home remedies that you can try if you have dry, damaged hair. These hydrate and moisturize hair to give maximum bounce, shine and health.
- Butter – Massage butter on to hair lengths, cover with shower cap for 30 minutes and rinse. Follow up with mild shampoo for a glossy shine.
- Tea – A tea rinse can add shine to dull hair and enhance hair color. Antioxidants in tea also make hair healthier. Just rinse hair with freshly brewed tea after your regular shampoo for results.
- Egg – Egg protein is amazing for hair health. Simply mix egg yolk with olive oil and create a nourishing hair mask.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar works wonders for hair and skin. Simply mix ACV in olive oil and massage into your scalp and hair. Shampoo after 30 minutes and you will get shiny, healthy, bouncy hair,
Restoring hair health is not complicated at all. Just adopt a few good habits and your hair will thank you forever.
Other Stories That Might Interest You
- Home Remedies For Hair Fall
- Review: Matrix Shampoo For Hair Fall
- Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil For Hair
- Benefits of Vitamin E Oil For Hair Growth