If you are experiencing more strands on your hairbrush than usual. And it’s not the climate as one of the reasons for your hair fall. Excessive hair loss can be a worrisome affair. However, if you are facing hair loss and know the right causes and reasons for hair fall; it’s easier to control it with certain hair fall treatments and home remedies that are effective for your hair. To know more about the major cause for hair fall, read our reasons for hair fall blog.
Watch this short video to know how to stop hair fall:
How To Control Hair Fall?
Treat Your Hair Right
- It is very important to know your hair type – dry hair, oily hair, straight hair, curly hair. Also important to know your scalp type – dry scalp or oily scalp or the combination of these i.e. dry scalp, greasy hair or oily scalp and dry hair. Then, can you determine how to treat them right?
- Over washing hair with dry scalp can lead to hair fall whereas, not washing oily hair thrice a week can lead to severe dandruff. Thus to prevent dandruff from occurring, we would recommend you to use these best anti-dandruff shampoos.
This s Interesting: Home Remedies For Hair Fall Treatment
Choosing the Right Shampoo
- Ensure that your shampoo is not loaded with detergents and chemical agents that include cheap sulphates, parabens and preservatives. Know more about how to choose the best shampoo that is suitable for your hair and shampoo ingredients you need to be careful about.
- Switching to sulphate free and paraben free shampoos will not cause severe damage to your scalp ensuring hair loss prevention. There are brands like Aloe Veda, Khadi, Forest essentials, The Body Shop, Patanjali & more which have few good shampoo options for your hair.
- There are certain shampoos that help control hair fall. There is few shampoo range in the market from various brands having specific ingredients which prevent hair fall. We have curated the best anti-hair fall shampoos for your hair that will reduce your hair fall
Picking the Right Conditioner
- People who have very dry hair should use conditioners. They have amino acids that help repair damaged hair keeping them healthy. Choose the most popular conditioners online at lowest price with price comparison on top retailers.
- People with oily scalp should use conditioners on their hair avoiding the scalp.
- Avoid using conditioners very frequently because most conditioners have silicones present in them causing harmful effects.
Right Diagnosis To Reduce Hair Fall
- Unhealthy scalp causes inflammation making it difficult to grow. Skin conditions that lead to severe hair loss include fungal infections, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis i.e. dandruff. Medications might be required to control any of these infections with a scalp examination from a dermatologist.
- Other medical conditions like pregnancy, hypothyroidism, anemia, PCOS and more can also be a cause. Treat it well to prevent hair fall
This Might Interest You: Hair Fall Control Tips
Avoid Chemical Treatments
- Do not dye your hair more than 1 or 2 shades of the normal color. Major the color change, more chemical is required that cause massive hair loss and permanent scalp damage.
Oiling is Important
- Oiling improves blood circulation thus nourishing the roots.
- Massaging scalp once or twice a week is important.
- Best oils suitable for your scalp that will help prevent hair loss- coconut, olive oil, castor oil, Bhringraj, sesame oil. Know more hair growth tips to ensure healthy and voluminous hair.
Also Read: Benefits Of Oil For Your Hair
Too Much Styling
- Avoid using hair appliances that overheat. Use minimal heat settings and make sure you have your hair dryer on the cool or low setting. Minimize the use of flat irons. They cause severe damage.
- Minimize the use of hairspray, wax or gel. It builds up on your hair thus weighing down that weaken the roots.
- In case you use any styling product, do not wait for the product to dry, instead, comb your hair when it’s fresh as the product hardens your hair and more likely will break if you comb after.
- Avoid using hair styling appliances on wet hair.
Use the Right Comb
- Use a wooden comb when experiencing hair fall.
- Use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair
- Do not comb your hair when wet.
- Clean your comb and brushes every week.
Towel Dry The Right Way
- Avoid using your towel vigorously on your hair. It tangles and causes hair breakage. Squeeze the extra water from your hair and let them get dry naturally
What You Need To Know: Best Shampoos For Damaged Hair
Wash Your Hair Thrice A Week
- Washing your hair twice or thrice a week as your hair requirement but with a mild shampoo will let your scalp be dirt, dust, and grease free. It will remove extra build up on your hair that is caused by styling products.
- Avoid using too much sulphate shampoos in a week instead go for best mild shampoos in India that will not strip natural oils.
- Shampooing frequently will help clogged follicles to promote healthy hair growth
- Avoid shampooing daily or more than three times as it will strip off natural oils from your scalp and hair which is essential for healthy growth.
Also, try out few simple home remedies for hair fall to solve your hair loss problem. Following a balanced and healthy diet for hair growth will keep your hair healthy. So, eat plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables, and juices and live a stress-free life.
Other Stories That Might Interest You
- Loreal Professional Shampoo For Hair Fall
- Reasons For Hair Fall
- Patanjali Shampoo For Hair Fall: Review
- Coconut Oil Benefits for Your Hair