Table of Contents
- What is Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
- Uses of Aceclofenac Paracetamol
- How does Aceclofenac Paracetamol work?
- How to take Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
- Precautions While Taking Aceclofenac Paracetamol:
- Side-Effects of Aceclofenac Paracetamol:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Aceclofenac Paracetamol Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Aceclofenac Paracetamol
- FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Aceclofenac Paracetamol
- Authored By –
1What is Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
It is mainly used to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis) and fever. Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis is the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart impairment and gastric ulcers.
Aceclofenac Paracetamol Composition: Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325mg
Manufactured By: Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, gel, and injections.
Price: Rs. 60 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic + Antipyretic
2Uses of Aceclofenac Paracetamol
Aceclofenac Paracetamol is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Frozen Shoulder: Used to treat pain in cases of frozen shoulder
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fever: Used in cases of mild to moderate fever as it contains Paracetamol.
You may also read: Acemiz Plus Uses | Acebrophylline Uses
3How does Aceclofenac Paracetamol work?
- Aceclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms
- Paracetamol selectively inhibits the COX enzymes in the brain which aids for its analgesic and antipyretic property.
4How to take Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after meals as food helps to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol Tablet should be taken with an equal time interval between two doses if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Aceclofenac Paracetamol Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Aceclofenac Paracetamol Tablet is a single tablet once or twice a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children without paediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
Overdose of Aceclofenac Paracetamol can cause undesirable effects like chest pain, confusion and can also lead to complications in a few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
Consuming expired Aceclofenac Paracetamol tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
The effect of Aceclofenac Paracetamol can be seen within 30minutes of oral administration of the drug.
Q. Till when does the effect of Aceclofenac Paracetamol stays?
- Average drug effect duration is 6 hours.
- Time is taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
You may also read: Allegra Dosage | Acitrom Dosage | Alprax Dosage
6When to Avoid Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
Do not Consume Aceclofenac Paracetamol if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Aceclofenac Paracetamol or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with a history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart diseases.
- Asthma: In cases of patients with Asthma.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
7Precautions While Taking Aceclofenac Paracetamol:
- Elderly patients: Aceclofenac Paracetamol or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients as they are at high risk of serious side effects and fatalities.
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Aceclofenac Paracetamol should be used with extra caution in patients with a history of gastrointestinal lesions.
Warnings When Taking Aceclofenac Paracetamol
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
- Do not take two different kinds of pain killer concomitantly.
8Side-Effects of Aceclofenac Paracetamol:
The side effects associated with Aceclofenac Paracetamol are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Liver toxicity (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Aceclofenac Paracetamol on organs?
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol should be used with caution in patients with liver impairment as it can affect the liver.
- It can cause stomach bleeding in patients with gastric ulcer.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Aceclofenac Paracetamol. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Aceclofenac Paracetamol. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Aceclofenac Paracetamol
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Aceclofenac Paracetamol
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Digoxin (mild)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Benzydamine (moderate)
- Oxyphenbutazone (mild)
- Lithium (mild)
- Nimesulide (mild)
- Metamizole (moderate)
- Anti hypertensive (mild)
3. Effects of Aceclofenac Paracetamol on Lab Tests
Aceclofenac Paracetamol does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Aceclofenac Paracetamol’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Aceclofenac Paracetamol with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Aceclofenac Paracetamol therapy as it can increase the chances of stomach bleeding. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Aceclofenac Paracetamol.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Aceclofenac Paracetamol when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy (especially just before the term of pregnancy). Always inform the doctor before taking Aceclofenac Paracetamol in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Aceclofenac Paracetamol when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Aceclofenac Paracetamol tablet to Lactating mothers and the drug should be used only when necessary and with caution after informing the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
It is safe to drive after consuming Aceclofenac Paracetamol tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
You may also read: Alex Cough Syrup Side Effects | Albendazole Side Effects
10Buyer’s Guide – Aceclofenac Paracetamol Composition, Variant and Price
|Aceclofenac Paracetamol Variants||Aceclofenac Paracetamol Composition||Aceclofenac Paracetamol Price (Rs.)|
|Hifenac 30gm Gel||Aceclofenac 1.5% w/w + Linseed Oil 3% w/w + Menthol 5% w/w + Methyl Salicylate 10% w/w + Capsaicin 0.01%||Rs. 81 for 1pack|
|Hifenac P Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325 mg||Rs. 70 for 15 tablets|
|Hifenac MR Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Chlorzoxazone 500mg + Paracetamol 325mg||Rs. 65 for 10 tablets|
|Hifenac SR Tablet||Aceclofenac 200mg||Rs. 63 for 10 tablets|
To Buy at Best Price - Use 1mg Coupon Code | Netmeds Coupon Code
11Substitutes of Aceclofenac Paracetamol
The following are alternative drugs for Aceclofenac Paracetamol:
- Dolostat PC Tablet:
- Manufactured by Blue Cross
- Price- Rs. 21
- Dolokind Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Price- Rs. 31.21
- Aceclorite Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by MHS Pharmaceuticals
- Price- Rs. 36.8
- Axinac P Tablet:
- Manufactured by Axenic Health.
- Price- Rs. 52
Storage requirements for Aceclofenac Paracetamol
- Store the Aceclofenac Paracetamol tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at a temperature below 25O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Aceclofenac Paracetamol
Q. What is Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
Ans. Aceclofenac Paracetamol is a combinational drug. Aceclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory properties whereas, Paracetamol is analgesic as well antipyretic in nature. It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc. and conditions like the pain of osteoarthritis
Q. What are the uses of Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
Ans. It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc. and conditions like the pain of osteoarthritis
Q. What are the side effects of Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
Ans. The most common side effects of Aceclofenac Paracetamol are Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Toxic epidermal necrolysis, Diarrhoea, Dizziness
Q. How long does it take for Aceclofenac Paracetamol to show results?
Ans. The effect of Aceclofenac Paracetamol can be seen within 1.5 to 3 hours of oral administration of the drug and the time taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Aceclofenac Paracetamol be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Aceclofenac Paracetamol should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Aceclofenac Paracetamol make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Aceclofenac Paracetamol may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Aceclofenac Paracetamol doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Aceclofenac Paracetamol should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Aceclofenac Paracetamol.
Q. Does Aceclofenac Paracetamol effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Aceclofenac Paracetamol safe for children?
Ans. Aceclofenac Paracetamol should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Aceclofenac Paracetamol?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Aceclofenac Paracetamol.
Q. Is Aceclofenac Paracetamol legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
- Acemiz Plus Tablets
- Azithral Tablet
- Banocide Forte 100 MG Tablet
- Becadexamin Capsule
- Betadine Antiseptic Ointment
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –