Table of Contents
- 1 What is Humulin?
- 2 Uses of Humulin
- 3 How Does Humulin Work?
- 4 How to Take Humulin?
- 5 Humulin Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Humulin?
- 7 When to Avoid Humulin?
- 8 Side-Effects of Humulin
- 9 Effects of Humulin on Organs?
- 10 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 11 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results After Consuming Humulin
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Is Humulin addictive?
- 15 Can I have Humulin with alcohol?
- 16 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 17 Can I have Humulin when pregnant?
- 18 Can I have Humulin when feeding a baby?
- 19 Can I drive after taking Humulin?
- 20 What happens if I overdose on Humulin?
- 21 What happens if I eat expired Humulin?
- 22 What happens if I miss a dose of Humulin?
- 23 Storage Requirements for Humulin
- 24 Pro Tips When Taking Humulin
What is Humulin?
Humulin is an anti-diabetic medication which is used to lower your blood sugar level.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1Mg Discount Coupon | Medlife Coupon Code
Uses of Humulin
Humulin is used for patients suffering with diabetes (high blood sugar level). It helps lower one’s blood sugar level.
How Does Humulin Work?
- Insulin hormone produced by pancreas helps the body use or stores the sugar it gets from food.
- Insulin hormone level must be maintained in the body to maintain optimum glucose level in the body.
- Humulin acts by supplying insulin into the body in condition when body is not producing enough insulin hormones.
- This results in optimal management of blood glucose.
How to Take Humulin?
- Humulin comes in injection form which must be administered under your skin for blood sugar management.
- Take the prescribed amount of medication into the syringe and insert it under your skin.
- You can administer Humulin on an empty or full stomach.
Humulin Price In India
|100IU Vial of 10 ml Injection||Rs 293.50|
|Huminsulin R:100IU Injection 1*10||Rs 490.00|
Common Dosage for Humulin?
Humulin is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
Also Read: Xifaxan Dosage | Zinc Sulphate Dosage | Zyprexa Dosage
When to Avoid Humulin?
Avoid Humulin if:
- You are allergic to any component of Humulin
- You have low blood sugar level
- You are suffering from diabetic coma
Side-Effects of Humulin
Some of the reported side effects of Humulin are:
- Injection site skin thickening
- Low blood sugar
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Increased heart beat
- Fatigue and weakness
- Appetite loss
Also Read: Leflunomide Side Effect | Xeljanz Side Effect
Effects of Humulin on Organs?
Long term use of Humulin is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Humulin are:
- difficulty breathing, and
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful about the following drug interactions with Humulin:
Effects/Results After Consuming Humulin
The effect of Humulin can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your blood sugar level will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Humulin
Is Humulin addictive?
Humulin is not addictive in nature
Can I have Humulin with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Humulin. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Humulin causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Humulin when pregnant?
In most cases, it is safe to take Humulin if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. However, consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Humulin when feeding a baby?
Humulin is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Humulin?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Humulin. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Humulin?
An overdose of Humulin will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Humulin?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Humulin, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Humulin?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Humulin
- Store Humulin in cool and dry place (refrigerator)
- Do not freeze this medication
- Keep Humulin away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Humulin
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Humulin if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not use this drug if you notice any discoloration or cloudiness in the vial before injecting.
- Use a different site each time injecting Humulin.
Also read about other medicine's: Cosentyx