Table of Contents
- What is Ibuflamar P?
- Uses of Ibuflamar P–
- How Ibuflamar P works?
- How to take Ibuflamar P?
- Ibuflamar P Price In India
- Common Dosage for Ibuflamar P
- Precautions – When to Avoid Ibuflamar P?
- Side-Effects of Ibuflamar P
- Reported allergic reactions-
- Effects of Ibuflamar P on Organs
- Drug interactions to be careful about-
- Effects/Results after Consuming Ibuflamar P
- Storage Requirements about Ibuflamar P
- Pro Tips When Taking Ibuflamar P
- FAQs – Things to Know About Ibuflamar P
1What is Ibuflamar P?
Ibuflamar P contains the following drugsas chief ingredients – Ibuprofen – 400 mg and Paracetamol – 500 mg. Ibuflamar P is an anti-inflammatory drug which reduces pain, fever and signs of inflammation like swelling, redness.
2Uses of Ibuflamar P–
Ibuflamar P tablets relieve pain, reduce swelling and ease inflammation in conditions affecting the joints, muscles and tendons including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Acute gout
- Ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis affecting spine and large joints)
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue sports injuries
- Frozen shoulder, Dislocations
- Tendonitis (inflammation of tendon for example tennis elbow)
- Bursitis (inflammation of sacs filled with lubricating fluid in joints)
- Dental pain
- Muscle pain
- Painful periods
Read more: Acivir Uses
3How Ibuflamar P works?
- Ibuprofen is a pain killer and Paracetamol is an anti-pyretic that works by obstructing the production of enzyme called as Cyclo-oxygenase which helps in Prostaglandin synthesis.
- Synthesis of Prostaglandins in the body is associated with symptoms like pain, fever, swelling etc.
- Therefore by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, Ibuflamar P helps in relieving all associated symptoms (pain, swelling etc).
Read more: Dimetapp Composition
4How to take Ibuflamar P?
- These tablets are usually taken two or three times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- These tablets should be swallowed as a whole and not broken, crushed or chewed.
- They should be taken after food and with plenty of fluids.
Read more: Alerid D Price | Amlopres At Price
5Ibuflamar P Price In India
|Specifics||Ibuflamar P Price|
|Ibuflamar P 400mg||Rs. 20.5|
|Ibuflamar P kid 100mg||Rs. 12.1|
Save Using: Myra Medicines Coupon Code | 1mg Coupon Code | Practo Coupon Code
6Common Dosage for Ibuflamar P
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- The standard recommended dosage is twice a day.
- Consult your doctor before administering in children below 12 years of age.
- Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
- In case of non improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, seek medical attention immediately.
Read more: Brupal Forte Dosage
7Precautions – When to Avoid Ibuflamar P?
- Allergy-Ibuflamar P is not recommended if you have a known allergy of medicines belonging to NSAIDs. Severe allergic conditions like Asthma and itching can be triggered in such cases.
- Peptic Ulcer–in patients suffering from peptic ulcer, Ibuflamar P can cause severe swelling and bleeding in the stomach, colon and anus.
- Ibuflamar P should not be used in neonates suffering from Congenital Heart Disease.
- Patients suffering from asthma
- Patients suffering from severe liver disease
- Patients suffering from severe kidney disease
Read more: Brufamol Precaution
8Side-Effects of Ibuflamar P
- All medicines have some side effects. Side effects are possible but do not always occur.
- Consult your doctor if you feel that you have any of them-
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Dry skin
Read more: Acivir Side Effects | Alerid Side Effects
9Reported allergic reactions-
- Possible allergic reactions reported are-
- Rashes on skin
- Discoloration of the skin on the face or neck
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face, neck
- Loss of consciousness
10Effects of Ibuflamar P on Organs
- Patients with pre-existing liver diseases should use this drug with caution and under supervision of their doctor.
- In stomach it can cause ulcers which lead to serious bleeding from stomach or intestine.
11Drug interactions to be careful about-
- Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other.
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
- You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. Do not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few common drugs which interact with Ibuflamar P include-
- ACE Inhibitors
- Aldosterone antagonists
- Beta blockers
- Calcineurin inhibitors
- Fluconazole, Ketaconazole
- Loop diuretics
- Prostaglandin analogues
- Thiazide diuretics
12Effects/Results after Consuming Ibuflamar P
- It depends on the dosage and age of the patient and severity of the problem.
- It shows its full effect in 30 – 60 minutes. Slowly leads to relief in pain.
13Storage Requirements about Ibuflamar P
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
14Pro Tips When Taking Ibuflamar P
- Consult your doctor if you have systemic lupus erythematosus
- Ibuflamar P should be cautiously used in patients with pre-existing peptic ulcer as it can cause bleeding in the stomach or intestine
- NSAIDs should only be prescribed at lowest dose possible and for shortest time.
15FAQs – Things to Know About Ibuflamar P
Q. Is it addictive?
No habit forming tendencies have been reported with this medicine.
Q. Can I have Ibuflamar P with alcohol?
Daily use of alcohol while using this medicine may increase your risk for stomach bleeding.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No interaction with any food product observed.
Q. Can I have Ibuflamar P when pregnant?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you plan to become pregnant.
- During pregnancy avoid taking Ibuflamar P unless entirely necessary.
- It is not recommended for use during first and third trimesters of pregnancy as it can harm the foetus or interference with normal delivery.
Q. Can I have Ibuflamar P when feeding a baby?
- It is not known whether Ibuflamar P is secreted in breast milk.
- Use with caution or only when advised in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking Ibuflamar P?
- Ibuflamar P Tablet may causes side effects like dizziness, headache, drowsiness and light-headedness in few patients.
- In such patients, driving should be avoided.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Ibuflamar P?
- Taking more than prescribed dosage can be harmful and can increase the incidence of side effects
- Symptoms of over dosage include:
- Stomach discomfort
- In case of over-dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happen if I eat expired Ibuflamar P?
- Avoid taking expired medicine. If you have taken accidentally and you are feeling any discomfort rush to the doctor immediately for medical assistance.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using expired drug.
Q. What happen if I miss a dose of Ibuflamar P?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take double dose.