Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ibugesic Plus?
- 2 Uses of Ibugesic Plus
- 3 How does Ibugesic Plus work?
- 4 What are the effects of Ibugesic Plus on organs?
- 5 How to take Ibugesic Plus?
- 6 Common Dosage for Ibugesic Plus
- 7 When to Avoid Ibugesic Plus?
- 8 Precautions While Taking Ibugesic Plus
- 9 Side-Effects of Ibugesic Plus
- 10 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10.1 1. Food Interactions with Ibugesic Plus
- 10.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Ibugesic Plus
- 10.3 3. Effects of Ibugesic Plus on Lab Tests
- 10.4 4. Ibugesic Plus interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 10.5 Q. Can I have Ibugesic Plus with alcohol?
- 10.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 10.7 Q. Can I have Ibugesic Plus when pregnant?
- 10.8 Q. Can I have Ibugesic Plus when feeding a baby?
- 10.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Ibugesic Plus?
- 11 Buyer’s Guide – Ibugesic Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- 12 Substitutes of Ibugesic Plus
- 13 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Ibugesic Plus
- 13.1 Q. What is Ibugesic Plus?
- 13.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Ibugesic Plus to show results?
- 13.3 Q. Should Ibugesic Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
- 13.4 Q. Does Ibugesic Plus make you drowsy?
- 13.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Ibugesic Plus doses?
- 13.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 13.7 Q. Does Ibugesic Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
- 13.8 Q. Is Ibugesic Plus safe for children?
- 13.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Ibugesic Plus?
- 13.10 Q. Is Ibugesic Plus legal in India?
- 14 Authored By –
What is Ibugesic Plus?
Used broadly to treat various minor and some major ailments like fever, pain and bursitis or tendonitis. Hepatic failure at repetitive high doses is the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or heart or breathing problems.
Ibugesic Plus Composition: Paracetamol 325mg + Ibuprofen 400mg
Manufactured By: Cipla Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule H but it is also available as OTC(Over the counter) drug.
Form: Tablets, Syrups
Price: Rs 22.73 for 20 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antipyretic, analgesic and antipyretic
Uses of Ibugesic Plus
Ibugesic Plus serves a dual purpose as it works for pain as well as fever
- Fever: It is used for fever as it has got Paracetamol which is anti-pyretic in nature.
- Headache: Used as a pain reliever as it has Ibugesic (NSAIDs).
- Muscular Pain: Used to treat muscular pain and tender joints in case of osteoarthritis & gout.
- Menstrual Cramps: Used to treat abdominal cramps during the menstrual cycle in women.
- Toothache: Used to treat mild to moderate pain in teeth.
- Bursitis: Used in cases of inflammation of lubricating fluid sacs in joints known as Bursitis.
- Tendonitis: Used in cases of inflammation of tendon, example tennis elbow known as tendonitis.
Also read: Itraconazole Uses | Intagesic MR Uses | i-Pill Uses
How does Ibugesic Plus work?
- Ibugesic Plus works by inhibiting the Cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes which further inhibits the production of Prostaglandins which are the reason behind the initiation of pain.
- Prostaglandins are the reason for causing pain, swelling, and redness at the site of injury.
- Therefore, when production of COX enzymes is inhibited; prostaglandin production is also hindered which in turn eases the pain, and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
- Ibuprofen and paracetamol inhibit COX enzymes and leads to pain cessation.
What are the effects of Ibugesic Plus on organs?
- The dose of Ibugesic Plus should be reduced in patients suffering from liver diseases as a high dose of paracetamol can increase the chances of further damage to the liver.
- The doctor should be consulted before taking Ibugesic Plus Tablets if one is suffering from kidney disease as suitable dose adjustment and monitoring of kidney functions is mandatory in such cases.
- It can cause bleeding in patients with stomach ulcers.
How to take Ibugesic Plus?
- Ibugesic Plus is usually available in tablet and suspension forms.
- Tablets are usually administered orally (Via mouth) with a glass of water as instructed by the doctor. It should be taken with food or after food, and not with an empty stomach as the acidic contents of the empty stomach may affect the pharmacological activity of tablet and can even affect the stomach.
- The tablet should never be crushed or chewed.
- Before consuming the suspension form of Ibugesic Plus, it should be shaken up properly to have a homogenous mix of medication and a measuring cup should be used always for correct dose administration.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Ibugesic Plus
- Ibugesic Plus dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- A common dose of Ibugesic Plus is decided as per the severity of the pain and at least a gap of 4-6 hours should be there between the two doses.
- The usual recommended dose is 2-3 times a day with an equal time interval.
- Dose alteration as per your own convenience should be avoided
Q. What happens if I overdose on Ibugesic Plus?
The doctor should be consulted immediately in case of Ibugesic Plus overdose, as gastric emptying (gastric lavage) is to be performed as a treatment measure. Symptoms of overdose can be seen as drowsiness, lethargy, stomach discomfort etc.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Ibugesic Plus?
The drug may not exhibit proper effects if you miss a dose because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Consume the missed dose always as soon as you remember it. But, do not take a double dose if it’s already time to take the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Ibugesic Plus?
The expired antibiotic may not work as it might not be potent enough to produce desirable effects. The consulting physician should be informed regarding the same.
Q. Onset time of Ibugesic Plus and till when does the effect of Ibugesic Plus stay?
Ibugesic Plus Tablets reaches its peak effect or shows the result in about 30-60 minutes after oral administration.
It is advised to keep 4-6 hours interval between two doses of Ibugesic Plus.
The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
When to Avoid Ibugesic Plus?
Do not Consume Ibugesic Plus if:
- Liver or Kidney disorders: In patients having liver or severe kidney problems, as Clavam625 is excreted through kidneys and is metabolized by liver and in cases of kidney or liver problem, it will not be able to get metabolized or excreted properly which can lead to its toxicity.
- Allergy: If there is any known allergy to Ibugesic Plus or its constituents , Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.
- Allergy to aspirin or same class of drugs: If there is any known allergy to Aspirin or any other Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) like Aspirin, Diclofenac, etc.
- Asthma: if one is suffering from asthma or any other breathing problems
- Heart diseases: If there has been a history of heart disease/heart failure/stroke or in case of neonates with congenital heart disease.
- Blood disorders: if one bleeds easily or is suffering from porphyria (a blood disorder)
- Gastric diseases: If there is any known history of ulcer in the stomach/intestine or if any known history of bleeding in the stomach.
Precautions While Taking Ibugesic Plus
- Empty Stomach: Ibugesic Plus should not be taken empty stomach as it can lead to decreased efficacy of the drug as well as stomach upset.
- Allergic Reaction: Any allergic reaction should be immediately reported to the doctor.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor to avoid an overdose of the drug.
- Time Interval: A fixed time gap of at least 4-6 hours is to be maintained between the two doses to avoid toxicity.
Warnings When Taking Ibugesic Plus
- One should drink an adequate amount of water to reduce the chances of stomach irritation or indigestion by the drug.
- In the case of Ibugesic Plus overdose or toxicity, immediately visit the doctor and gastric lavage (clearing stomach contents) is to be performed.
- The doctor should always be informed about any history of gastric problems and the drug should be consumed with food or milk to avoid gastric irritation.
- Prolonged use of Ibugesic Plus must be avoided as it can lead to increased risk of Gastric bleeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have systemic lupus erythematosus as Ibugesic plus is not advisable in such cases
Other medicines's Dosage: LCZ Dosage | Ketorol DT Dosage | Ketoconazole Dosage
Side-Effects of Ibugesic Plus
The side effects associated with Ibugesic Plus are:
- Nausea – common
- Diarrhoea – less common
- Dyspepsia – less common
- Hypersensitivity reactions (rash, bronchospasm) – less common
- Headache – less common
- Insomnia – less common
- Vertigo – Rare
- Pancreatitis – Rare
- Colitis – Rare
- Fluid retention – less common
- Tinnitus – less common
- Dizziness – less common
- Depression – Rare
- Dermatitis – less common
- Hepatic damage – less common
- Renal failure – less common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Ibugesic Plus?
Following possible allergic reactions have been reported for Ibugesic Plus tablets :
- Irregular heartbeats – less common
- Loss of Consciousness – Rare
- Difficulty in breathing – less common
- Vomiting – less common
- Rashes and itching on the skin – less common
- Painful, tender wounds on lips and mouth – less common
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Ibugesic Plus. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Ibugesic Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Ibugesic Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Ibugesic Plus
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician ab of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common mild drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- ACE Inhibitors
- Aldosterone antagonists
- Calcineurin inhibitors
- Fluconazole, Ketoconazole
- Loop diuretics
- Prostaglandin analogues
- Thiazide diuretics
3. Effects of Ibugesic Plus on Lab Tests
It does not really affect any laboratory tests but it is advisable to consult with your treating physician before any laboratory investigation.
4. Ibugesic Plus interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver disease or gastric problem.
Q. Can I have Ibugesic Plus with alcohol?
No, the consulting physician should be informed immediately if any signs are noticed that signifies bleeding in the stomach (dried and coffee coloured blood in a cough or stools).
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while consuming Ibugesic plus.
Q. Can I have Ibugesic Plus when pregnant?
Try to avoid taking the drug while pregnant unless it is necessary. The doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
Q. Can I have Ibugesic Plus when feeding a baby?
No reports have been there yet about its secretion in milk but still, it should be used with caution in lactating mother and the doctor should always be informed if you are breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Ibugesic Plus?
Yes, one can drive after taking Ibugesic Plus but should avoid driving if any dizziness or drowsiness occurs.
Also Read - Gabapin Nt 400 MG Tablet | Gemcal Capsule
Buyer’s Guide – Ibugesic Plus Composition, Variant and Price
|Ibugesic Plus Variants||Ibugesic Plus Composition||Ibugesic Plus Price|
|Ibugesic Plus syrup (100ml)||Ibuprofen 100 mg and Paracetamol 162.5mg/5ml||Rs. 34.1 for 1 bottle|
|Ibugesic Plus syrup (60ml)||Ibuprofen 100 mg and Paracetamol 162.5mg/5ml||Rs. 26.95 for 1 bottle|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Netmeds Offers | Pharmeasy Coupons
Substitutes of Ibugesic Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Ibugesic Plus:
- Brupal Forte Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Geno Pharma.
- Price – Rs. 10
- Brufamol Tablet:
- Manufactured by – A Menarini India Pvt Ltd
- Price – Rs. 8.02
- Ibuflamar P Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Indoco Remedies Ltd
- Price – Rs. 15.38
- Combiflam Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Sanofi India Ltd
- Price – Rs. 31.48
- Flexon Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Price – Rs. 20.1
Storage requirements for Ibugesic Plus
- The drug should be stored in a cool, moisture free place at the temperature below 25o
- Drug should be kept in a place where it is out of the reach of children.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Ibugesic Plus
Q. What is Ibugesic Plus?
Ans. Ibugesic Plus is a combination of two classes of drugs: NSAID (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug) and Analgesic. Ibugesic plus acts as an anti inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic drug, since it reduces fever, pain and signs of inflammation like redness and swelling.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Ibugesic Plus to show results?
Ans. Ibugesic Plus shows its effect within about 30-60 minutes after oral administration of the drug.
Q. Should Ibugesic Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. No, the acidic contents of the empty stomach may affect the pharmacological activity of tablet and can even cause stomach upset.
Q. Does Ibugesic Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Ibugesic Plus may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Ibugesic Plus doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Ibugesic Plus toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Ibugesic Plus should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Ibugesic Plus.
Q. Does Ibugesic Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Ibugesic Plus safe for children?
Ans. Ibugesic Plus can be administered in children after proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician. Variants of same combination drug are present for paediatric use.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Ibugesic Plus?
Ans. Any liver disorder, stomach distress or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Ibugesic Plus.
Q. Is Ibugesic Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.