Ibuvon Composition – Ibuprofen (NA)
Manufactured By – Wockhardt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Syrup
Price – Rs 13.75
Quantity – 60 ml in 1 bottle
What is Ibuvon?
Ibuvon is a syrup which is used for fever, pain, and inflammation associated with these conditions.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Medlife | Myra Medicines
What does Ibuvon contain?
Ibuvon contains Ibuprofen as the main ingredient.
What is Ibuvon used for?
Ibuvon is used to treat:
- Painful periods
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
How Does Ibuvon Work?
Ibuvon acts by blocking the production of a substance (Prostaglandins) which is released in the body during pain along with suppressing the symptoms associated with pain.
Ibuvon Price in India
|100 mg||Rs 13.36|
How to Take Ibuvon?
- Take Ibuvon syrup in the amount prescribed by your doctor.
- Measure the syrup in a measuring cup and drink it.
- Ibuvon should be taken after a meal.
Common Dosage for Ibuvon?
Ibuvon syrup is generally prescribed twice daily. Your doctor may increase or decrease your dose strength and frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
Also Read: Deflazocort Dosage | Itchguard Dosage | Kenacort Dosage
When to Avoid Ibuvon?
Avoid Ibuvon if:
- You have a heart disease
- You are at risk of a stroke or heart attack
- You had a bypass operation recently
- You are allergic to any ingredient of Ibuvon
- You have asthma
- You have gastric bleeding
Side-Effects of Ibuvon Syrup
Some of the reported side effects of Ibuvon are:
- Abdominal pain
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
Also Read: Mucolite Side Effect | Mucaingel Side Effect | Mox Side Effect
Effects of Ibuvon on Organs?
Oblivion is not safe for patients with heart, kidney or liver dysfunction. Long-term use of Ibuvon may damage these organs and may also cause stomach bleeding. Consult your doctor before using this syrup if you have any such disease.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the allergic reactions associated with Ibuvon tablet are rashes and itching of skin, swelling of any part of face, tongue or throat, and shortness of breath.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful of the following drug interactions when consuming Ibuvon:
- Metamizole / Dipyrone
- Antihypertensive medicines
- Blood-thinning drugs
Effects/Results After Consuming Ibuvon
The effect of Ibuvon syrup can be seen in about 30 minutes. The average duration of action of this tablet is 4 to 6 hours.
Is Ibuvon Syrup addictive?
No, Ibuvon syrup is not addictive in nature.
Can I have Ibuvon with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Ibuvon Syrup. Co-consumption of alcohol with this tablet may increase your risk of stomach bleeding. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Your doctor may advise you regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Ibuvon Syrup when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Ibuvon if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Ibuvon when feeding a baby?
Ibuvon Syrup is generally safe to use during breastfeeding as it does not pass in mother’s milk. Your child will suffer no harm if you are taking this medication.
Can I drive after taking Ibuvon Syrup?
Ibuvon may cause side effects which may decrease your level of alertness. Hence if you experience an episode of headaches, blurred vision, dizziness or drowsiness then avoid driving.
What happens if I overdose on Ibuvon?
Taking more medication than prescribed is not going to heal you faster. In fact overdose with a result in severe side effects.
What happens if I eat expired Ibuvon?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Ibuvon syrup, the chances of harm are very less. Always check the label for expiry date before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Ibuvon Syrup?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for the next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not try to compensate for the missed dose by taking a double dose.
Storage Requirements for Ibuvon
- Store at room temperature
- Keep it in a well-closed container.
- Always keep this medicine away from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Pro Tips When Taking Ibuvon
- Consume Ibuvon syrup after a meal or a glass of milk to avoid stomach upset.
- Drink a lot of water to avoid stomach irritation while on syrup.
- Long-term use of Ibuvon can cause serious conditions like kidney problem and stomach bleeding.
- The risk of heart attack, stroke and blood clots can be raised with this medication.
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Your doctor must know your medical history and allergies if any, before prescribing Ibuvon.