If you think regality and grandeur weaved into ethereal Indian wear, you cannot help but think about Sabyasachi Mukherjee. Having carved a niche in the Indian fashion fraternity, the Sabyasachi label has particularly become synonymous to irresistibly royal ethnic wear. His work is famous across the globe and even with our Bollywood A-Listers. In fact, some actresses like Rani Mukherjee, Vidya Balan and Aishwarya seem to have pledged their allegiance to the Bengali designer, becoming nothing less than his muses.
Speaking of muses, Vidya Balan might just be his favorite one. She’s been a Sabyasachi loyalist for almost a decade and the designer has given her a complete makeover.
L – R:
- Vidya sizzles on the Cannes red carpet with a striking red saree and a matching blouse. She pairs the dazzling number with a pearl necklace that only adds to the 60s feel of this look.
- She was all grace and class in this gold and maroon saree. She looked nothing less than a goddess with her hair in a bun and those stunning earrings.
- A white and gold chanderi saree with a black border is as iconic as it gets. She donned this masterpiece at yet another Cannes appearance and took our breath away.
- The beauty of this saree, where Sabyasachi plays with his seemingly favorite shades of red and black, is highlighted by Vidya’s captivating smile.
The most beautiful woman in the world has had a long time tryst with Sabyasachi’s designs. From award functions to family functions, she’s flaunted the designer’s masterpieces repeatedly.
L – R:
- At an event in Chennai, she donned this simply gorgeous red and black saree replete with mirror work on the borders.
- In a post-marriage appearance, she displayed resplendent style with this gold straight suit accentuated with a heavy brocade dupatta.
- She took all the Sabyasachi glamour to Dubai at this inaugural event for Kalyan Jewelers with this drop-dead gorgeous floor length anarkali.
- She graced the Cannes red carpet with a lace saree with a velvet blouse embellished with a green and black brocade.
No one rocks ethnic quite like Rani does and Sabyasachi knows it too. She has appeared in his creations time and again proving that Rani and Sabya are truly a match made in fashion heaven.
L – R:
- All traditional at a Durga Puja celebration, she donned the signature Bengali red and white saree with a twist.
- The Jab Tak Hai Jaan premier saw Rani draped beautifully in a lehenga saree with intricate net and gold work.
- She looked flirty and fabulous in her blush and maroon saree at the music launch of Talaash. The checkered blouse stands out and adds oomph to the attire.
- This classic sheer red saree with a black border made her look every bit mesmerizing. The earring upped her glam quotient by leaps and bounds.
The latest entrant on the Sabyasachi bandwagon, she’s got the designer revamping his designs while keeping his signature style intact. She pulls off each outfit breathtakingly.
L – R:
- Deepika stunned in a classic deep pink crop top and skirt during an IIFA performance. The golden applique work made her look divine.
- She pulled off a seriously dramatic look with this embellished kurta and velvet pants. The feathered collar simply takes the Fall 2016 piece to another level.
- The gladiator style embellished gown, net cape, emerald jewels and the smoky eyes made for a killer look.
- For the finale of the Lakme Fashion Week, Sabyasachi created a floral saree that was as dazzling as the diva herself. The pale saree contrasted magnificently with her deep wine lips making it a 10 on 10 look.
It’s nearly impossible to pick out a favorite from all these awe-inspiring looks. Such is the work of the magician Sabyasachi. Warm birthday wishes to the genius who’s got the most jaw-dropping sense of style. Keep it classy!
Follow Sabyasachi on Instagram for more stunning looks