Idea offers various plans in postpaid as well as prepaid connections. If you want to convert your postpaid number, you can choose the plan that suits you best from various prepaid packs. There is no charge for converting your Idea number from post to prepaid.
Also See: Idea Prepaid To Postpaid
To view a quick video on converting your Idea number from Postpaid to Prepaid click below:
Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Conversion – How to Switch in 7 Easy Steps:
|Steps For Converting Idea Postpaid to Prepaid||Instructions For Idea Postpaid To Prepaid Conversion|
|Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Step 1||Use the Postpaid connection for at least 90 days|
|Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Step 2||Clear the last bill|
|Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Step 3||Visit the Idea store a day after your billing cycle|
|Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Step 4||Pay outstanding dues if any|
|Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Step 5||Submit all necessary documents like Aadhar card, Photo id, address proof & Complete E KYC|
|Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Step 7||Make your first prepaid recharge|
Idea Postpaid to Prepaid – FAQ’s
What are the proofs required to convert my Idea Postpaid number?
Necessary documents to convert your Idea Postpaid to prepaid are:
- Aadhar card
- Photo id proof
- Address proof
Can I convert my Idea Postpaid number to Prepaid by dialling Customer Care?
As Aadhar card and documentation is necessary for porting your number, it is necessary to visit the Idea store.
What are the benefits of converting your Idea number from Postpaid to Prepaid?
- Saves more money
- You can control how much you want to use your number and what you would like to subscribe for
- There is no fixed amount you will need to pay like which you have to pay in a postpaid connection regardless of your usage
What are the disadvantages of converting your Idea number from postpaid to prepaid?
- You might not be able to avail extra features that come along with postpaid plans
- More hassle as you will need to recharge your number as soon as it is out of balance
How long does it take to get my new Idea Prepaid Sim activated?
Your Idea prepaid sim will automatically get activated once the postpaid sim is no longer active after the completion of porting process. The porting process takes about 7-8 working days.
Idea Postpaid to Prepaid Number – Other Things to Keep in Mind
- Make sure you use your current postpaid connection for at least 90 days before conversion. If filed earlier, your request will probably be rejected.
- Also keep in mind that you should have no outstanding bills for your postpaid connection at the time of requesting for conversion.
- You might have to pay an extra amount of Rs. 50-100 as the porting process takes about 7-8 days and you will need your number during this time.
Other Postpaid To Prepaid Conversion Blogs
- Airtel Postpaid to Prepaid
- Jio Postpaid to Prepaid
- Tata Docomo Postpaid to Prepaid
- Vodafone Postpaid to Prepaid