Skip to Content
- What is Imdur?
- Uses of Imdur
- How does Imdur work?
- How to Take Imdur?
- Imdur Price In India
- Common Dosage & when to take Imdur?
- When to avoid Imdur?
- Side effects of Imdur?
- Effects on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About?
- Shows Effects / Results In?
- Is Imdur Addictive?
- Can I have Imdur capsule with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Imdur when Pregnant?
- Can I have Imdur when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Imdur?
- What happens if I overdose on Imdur?
- What happens if I eat expired Imdur?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Imdur?
- Storage of Imdur
- Pro Tips When Taking Imdur
Imdur Composition – Isosorbide Mononitrate (30mg)
Manufactured By – Astrazeneca
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 150.3
Quantity – 30 Tablet pr in 1 strip
What is Imdur?
- Imdur tablet belongs to the “nitrate” group of drugs used primarily for the prevention of angina (sudden chest pain) in cardiac patients.
- The active ingredient of Imdur tablet is Isosorbide Mononitrate.
- For oral administration, Imdur is available in extended-release tablets in different strengths – 30mg, 60mg, and 120mg.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1Mg Promo Code | Medlife India
Uses of Imdur
Imdur is used to prevent angina attack but it is unable to treat an angina attack that has already begun.
How does Imdur work?
Imdur contains nitrates which relaxes and dilates the blood vessels. This increases the flow of blood towards heart thus preventing acute anginal attack.
How to Take Imdur?
- Imdur is available in tablet form in various strengths.
- When taken in oral form, Imdur can be taken with or without food or as prescribed. It is better to take it once a day in the morning empty stomach.
- When taken in tablet form, swallow the tablet as a whole with fluids. Do not chew, break, or crush. Doing so can release all of the drugs at once and thus increasing the chances of side effects.
- Always use the tablet in the dose and duration as prescribed. Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
- In case of non improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, seek medical attention immediately.
Imdur Price In India
|300 Strip of 30 Tablets pr||Rs 150.3|
|60 mg Strip of 30 Tablets pr||Rs 195.6|
Also Read: Gardasil Price | Herceptin Price | Invokana Price
Common Dosage & when to take Imdur?
- The dose and duration of Imdur depend upon the severity of ailment and response to initial dose.
- Initial recommended dose is 30-60 mg orally once a day in the morning. The maximum recommended dose per day is 240 mg.
- You may develop tolerance to Imdur over a period of time. This can be prevented by following the prescribed dose schedule.
- Indur should not be stopped abruptly even if you are feeling asymptomatic as it may increase the risk of angina or cardiac arrest. The dosage of the drug has to be tapered gradually before stopping it completely.
When to avoid Imdur?
Imdur should not be used or should be used with caution when:
- Allergic to any of its components
- Patients taking drugs for erectile dysfunction like sildenafil, Viagra
- Patients with congestive heart failure
- People with liver or kidney problem
- Patients with hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Patients showing signs of acute myocardial infarction
Side effects of Imdur?
Imdur may produce few side effects, although they may not be common in all the patients. Commonly observed side effects:
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Light headedness
- Flushing (warmth, redness on face)
- Irregular heart beat
- In a few cases, a serious allergic reaction has been recorded.
Other medicine's Side Effect: Levaquin Side Effect | Meclizine Side Effect
Effects on organs?
- Patients with liver and kidney disease should administer Imdur with caution and under the observation of a doctor.
- Patients with heart failure and acute myocardial infarction should avoid the use of Imdur.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Imdur. Allergy with Imdur may exhibit the following symptoms:
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About?
Drug interactions refer to the effect of drugs on each other and on human body following ingestion. Large numbers of medicine have shown interaction with each other. It is advised that the patient must always inform the physician about all the medicines/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used. Consult your doctor before administering any other drugs concomitantly with Imdur. All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few important ones include:
- Isosorbide dinitrate
Using all these medicines along with Imdur can influence the therapeutic effect of these medicines and also can increase the chances of side effects.
Shows Effects / Results In?
- The effects of Imdur can be observed in 20-30 minutes following oral administration and it lasts for 6-8 hours.
- Even if symptoms disappear, it should be taken until advised as sudden withdrawal can lead to unwanted side effects.
Is Imdur Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Imdur capsule with alcohol?
Interaction of Imdur with alcohol may increase the risk of side effects and may cause excessive dizziness and calmness, therefore, it is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking Imdur.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Imdur when Pregnant?
- Imdur should only be administered during pregnancy if it is absolutely necessary and the benefits outweigh the risks as animal studies have shown few adverse effects on foetus.
- Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Can I have Imdur when feeding a baby?
Imdur should not be used in breastfeeding women as it is not known whether the drug passes into breast milk or not.
Can I drive after taking Imdur?
- Few patients may exhibit dizziness and headache following oral administration of Imdur.
- Such patients should use Imdur with caution while driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Imdur?
- It should not be administered in more than prescribed dose as it can be fatal.
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause serious side-effects like throbbing headache, severe dizziness, vision problems, seizures etc.
What happens if I eat expired Imdur?
- The medicine may not work as well. Please inform your physician regarding the same.
- To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Imdur?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it is already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Storage of Imdur
- Storage at room temperature away from direct heat and light.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Imdur
- Patients on Imdur should be regularly monitored for hypotension (low blood pressure).
- Patients on Imdur might experience a headache initially especially in the first few days of treatment. Do not stop taking Imdur as these headaches may gradually become less severe as you continue to use this medicine.