Table of Contents
- Things To Do in Mahabaleshwar
- 11. Get awed by Stunning Sunrises and Sunsets
- 10. Seek Blessings at the Ornate Mahabaleshwar Temple
- 9. Enjoy Boating and Horse Riding at Venna Lake
- 8. Get Refreshed at the Beautiful Panchgani
- 7. Enjoy Serene Beauty of Tapola
- 6. Go Trekking
- 5. Enjoy the Cascading Waterfalls
- 4. Enjoy Panoramic Views from the Varied Vantage Points
- 3. Visit the Gigantic Koyna Dam
- 2. Enjoy City Shopping
- 1. Savour Local Food
Travelling is a must exercise. Once in a year everyone should visit other places to see their culture, feel the different weather, taste their foods and there are many more things to explore while travelling from one place to another. Mahabaleshwar is situated in the south part of Mumbai. It is a hill station inflated with many beautiful viewpoints. Mahabaleshwar is a hill station in the Sahyadri mountain range in Satara district. Mahabaleshwar is famous for Sydney point, Mapro garden, Parsi point, strawberries, especially the strawberry festival. It is played every summer. The rugged hilly terrain of Mahabaleshwar entails many activities for the adventure junkies. Book your tickets through Paytm Bus, use Paytm bus coupon code to avail discounts.
The rugged hilly terrain of Mahabaleshwar entails many activities for the adventure junkies.
Things To Do in Mahabaleshwar
There are lots of things you can add to your Mahabaleshwar trip, some are listed below:
11. Get awed by Stunning Sunrises and Sunsets
- Rise early in the morning to catch the most stunning sunrise at Wilson’s Point. Navigate
- Visit the Bombay point to get the most alluring sunset views
10. Seek Blessings at the Ornate Mahabaleshwar Temple
Visit the 16th century Mahabali temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple stands witness to the glorious past of the Maratha empire. You can also visit Atibaleshwar temple and the Panchganga temple in the vicinity.
Also Read:Places To Visit In Mahabaleshwar
9. Enjoy Boating and Horse Riding at Venna Lake
You can enjoy a boat ride at the scenic artificial Venna lake. A horse ride along the banks of the river is also a fun activity.
8. Get Refreshed at the Beautiful Panchgani
Panchgani is a hill station near Mahabaleshwar. Unwind and enjoy the cool and pure air of the place.
Visit the many magnificent colonial structures and Parsi houses at Panchgani.
7. Enjoy Serene Beauty of Tapola
Seep in the mesmerising beauty of the Tapola satellite village. Explore jungle treks to Vasota Fort and enjoy boating at Shivsagar Lake.
6. Go Trekking
The many valleys and hills of Mahabaleshwar make it ideal for trekking. You can cover many forts and dense forests on foot. Some of the popular trekking trails are
- Vasota Fort. Navigate
- Jaygad Fort
- Pratapgarh Fort
- Arthur’s Seat Trek
- Koyna Valley Trek
5. Enjoy the Cascading Waterfalls
Mahabaleshwar is home to the most enchanting waterfalls. These water bodies cascade down from high altitudes and are a sight to behold. Some of the popular falls of the region are
4. Enjoy Panoramic Views from the Varied Vantage Points
Enjoy panoramic views of the Western Ghats region from the following points
3. Visit the Gigantic Koyna Dam
The rubble concrete Koyna dam is the largest dam in Maharashtra. The dam is built on Koyna river which rises in Mahabaleshwar. Marvel at this largest civil engineering project commissioned after India achieved independence.
2. Enjoy City Shopping
- Visit Mapro Gardens for buying the freshest strawberries and rasberries, jams, jellies, preserves and such other items. Navigate
- Shop at Imperial Stores, an Irani store which houses almost all daily needs items. Navigate
- Buy Leather items, wooden furniture and handicrafts from the Town Bazaar
1. Savour Local Food
Indulge in strawberry infused specialties such as fudges, ice-creams, whipped creams and jellies. Enjoy the quintessential Maharashtrian Vada-Pav and Chikki from the local street vendors.
Enjoy corn frankies and corn patties at different restaurants in Mahabaleshwar. Some of the popular restaurants to visit in Mahabaleshwar are:
Mapro Garden Restaurant
Other places & things to explore:
How to Reach Mahabaleshwar?
Nearest Airport: Pune Airport (120 km away)
Nearest Railway Station: Wathar Railway Station
Nearest Bus Stops:
Many tourist buses regularly run from cities of Mumbai and Pune to Mahabaleshwar.
Where to stay in Mahabaleshwar?
Le Meridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa | Brightland Resort & Spa | Ramsukh Resorts
Other Useful Links When Booking A Bus: