Table of Contents
- 1 What is Incruse Ellipta?
- 2 Uses of Incruse Ellipta
- 3 How does Incruse Ellipta work?
- 4 How to Take Incruse Ellipta?
- 5 Common Dosage for Incruse Ellipta?
- 6 When to Avoid Incruse Ellipta?
- 7 Side-Effects of Incruse Ellipta?
- 8 Effect of Incruse Ellipta on organs?
- 9 Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 10 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About Incruse Ellipta
- 11 Shows Effects / Results After Consuming Incruse Ellipta:
- 12 Storage of Incruse Ellipta:
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Incruse Ellipta:
- 14 FAQs – Things to Know About Incruse Ellipta
- 15 Is Incruse Ellipta addictive?
- 16 Can I have Incruse Ellipta with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Incruse Ellipta when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Incruse Ellipta when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Incruse Ellipta?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Incruse Ellipta?
- 22 What happens if I take expired Incruse Ellipta?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Incruse Ellipta?
What is Incruse Ellipta?
- Incruse Ellipta contains “Umeclidinium” as its active ingredient which is indicated for treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Incruse Ellipta is not indicated for treatment of Asthma and acute bronchospasm (contraction of airway muscles).
- Incruse Ellipta is commonly available for use as an inhaler powder which has bronchodilator activity.
Uses of Incruse Ellipta
Long term, once daily, maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with COPD.
Also Read: Gleevec Uses
How does Incruse Ellipta work?
Umeclidinium is an anti-cholinergic drug which leads to smooth muscle relaxation thereby aiding in broncho-dilation (relaxation of airway muscles) which makes breathing easier.
Also Read: Gleevec Composition
How to Take Incruse Ellipta?
- Incruse Ellipta is available in inhaler form. Follow all the instructions on prescription label if you are a first time user.
- Inhaler contains blister strip of powder formulation for oral inhalation. Each strip contains 62.5mcg Umeclidinium.
- Incruse Ellipta should be used regularly to be effective and at a fixed time every day.
- Always use Incruse Ellipta in the dose and frequency as advised. Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods as it can lead to severe side effects.
Common Dosage for Incruse Ellipta?
- Incruse Ellipta should be administered as one inhalation per day. Do not use Incruse Ellipta more than once in 24 hours.
- Incruse Ellipta should only be used for maintenance therapy of COPD patients. It should not be used as rescue medicine for acute conditions.
- In case if your condition persists or worsens after taking Incruse Ellipta, discontinue the drug and inform your doctor.
When to Avoid Incruse Ellipta?
- Incruse Ellipta should be avoided or used with caution in:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Patients with hypersensitivity to milk proteins
- Acute bronchospasm episodes
- Patients with heart problems
- Patients with diabetes
- Patients with glaucoma
- Patients with urinary retention (prostatic hyperplasia)
Also Read: Dolopar Precaution
Side-Effects of Incruse Ellipta?
- In addition to its intended uses, it may cause few undesirable side effects as well. List of the most commonly observed side effects include:
- Blurred vision
- Throat irritation
- Muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Worsening of glaucoma
- Worsening of urinary retention
- In addition it may cause some other allergic or unwanted effects. In such cases, seek medical attention immediately.
Also Read: Harvoni Side Effects
Effect of Incruse Ellipta on organs?
Patients with prostatic hyperplasia and urinary bladder obstruction should use Incruse Ellipta with caution as it may worsen symptoms of urinary retention.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About Incruse Ellipta
- Incruse Ellipta can interact with other drugs, vitamin supplements and herbal products. It is always advised that you must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products used before using Incruse Ellipta.
- Incruse Ellipta should not be used along with other anti-cholinergic medications as it may lead to adverse anti-cholinergic effects.
Shows Effects / Results After Consuming Incruse Ellipta:
Incruse Ellipta starts showing its effects almost immediately following its administration.
Storage of Incruse Ellipta:
- Store at cool and dry place away from direct heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze the medicine.
- Keep medicinesaway from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Incruse Ellipta:
Do not use Incruse Ellipta in acute cases of bronchospasm or asthma as an emergency medicine.
FAQs – Things to Know About Incruse Ellipta
Is Incruse Ellipta addictive?
Incruse Ellipta is not addictive; however self medication and dependence to these medicines should be avoided.
Can I have Incruse Ellipta with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol should be limited with Incruse Ellipta therapy as it may increase the risk of adverse effects.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
It should not be administered in patients with hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Can I have Incruse Ellipta when pregnant?
Incruse Ellipta should only be taken in pregnancy if the benefits outweigh the potential risks as there are no evident and well controlled studies in pregnant females.
Can I have Incruse Ellipta when feeding a baby?
Incruse Ellipta should be used with caution and only when clearly needed in breastfeeding women as the drug may pass into breast milk and lead to adverse effects in foetus.
Can I drive after taking Incruse Ellipta?
Incruse Ellipta doesn’t usually affect your ability to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Incruse Ellipta?
Overdosage has not been reported.
What happens if I take expired Incruse Ellipta?
A single dose of expired Incruse Ellipta may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have decreased overtime.
What happens if I miss a dose of Incruse Ellipta?
- Incruse Ellipta is administered only once in 24 hours.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it is already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.