Table of Contents
- What is Ivabrad?
- Uses of Ivabrad
- How Does Ivabrad Work?
- How to Take Ivabrad?
- Ivabrad Price In India
- Common Dosage for Ivabrad
- Precautions – When to Avoid Ivabrad?
- Side-Effects of Ivabrad
- Any Allergic Reactions Reported?
- Effects of Ivabrad on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Ivabrad
- Storage Requirements about Ivabrad
- Pro Tips When Taking Ivabrad
- FAQs – Things to Know About Ivabrad
- Is Ivabrad addictive?
- Can I have Ivabrad with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Ivabrad when pregnant?
- Can I have Ivabrad when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Ivabrad?
- What happens if I overdose on Ivabrad?
- What happens if I eat expired Ivabrad?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Ivabrad?
What is Ivabrad?
Ivabrad is sold under the name of Corlanor. It is a cardiotonic drug. Ivabrad is a primary medication for heart-related conditions.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: 1Mg Discount Coupon | Medlife India
Uses of Ivabrad
Ivabrad is used to treat:
- Angina pectoris
- Sinus tachycardia
- chest pain
- Heart failure
How Does Ivabrad Work?
As Ivabrad is cardiotonic, it relaxes the smooth muscles so that the heart doesn’t need to pump hard to pass the blood. It is also used in the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
How to Take Ivabrad?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break the extended released capsule.
- Take Ivabrad with a glass full of water.
Ivabrad Price In India
|5 mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 254.85|
|7.5 mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 329.00|
|7.5 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 219.35|
|10 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 135.71|
Also Read: Hyocimax Price | Isolazine Price
Common Dosage for Ivabrad
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- The initial dosage is from 5 mg which can be increased to up to 10 mg per day.
Also Read: Lanoxin Dosage | Lecope Dosage | Looz Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Ivabrad?
While taking Ivabrad you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Ivabrad along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking this drug.
Side-Effects of Ivabrad
Some common side effects of Ivabrad are:
- Light headedness
- Stomach upset
- A sore throat
- Flushing tiredness
- A headache
- Stuffy nose
Any Allergic Reactions Reported?
No allergic reactions are reported with Ivabrad.
Effects of Ivabrad on Organs
Ivabrad increases the number of liver enzymes which can cause liver injury.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Ivabrad are Clarithromycin, digoxin, ranolazine, Ventolin, verapamil, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Ivabrad
Ivabrad will show its effect within 1 to 2 weeks but you should follow this medication according to the doctor’s advice for full recovery.
Storage Requirements about Ivabrad
Ivabrad can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Ivabrad
- Ivabrad should be taken in the prescribed dosage and must only be increased in dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this drug as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Ivabrad.
- Avoid this drug if you have hypotension or hepatic/renal impairment.
FAQs – Things to Know About Ivabrad
Is Ivabrad addictive?
No. But Ivabrad can cause adverse effects when it is abruptly stopped.
Can I have Ivabrad with alcohol?
No. Having Ivabrad with alcohol will cause an increase in blood pressure, dizziness, and tiredness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items such as grapefruit and high fibre diet.
Can I have Ivabrad when pregnant?
Ivabrad is recommended during pregnancy as it causes no side effects in the baby. Although you can consult your doctor.
Can I have Ivabrad when feeding a baby?
Taking Ivabrad while breastfeeding can cause serious side effects in infants according to the amount of the drug absorbed and passed through the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Ivabrad?
You should avoid driving if you have impaired thinking and reactions.
What happens if I overdose on Ivabrad?
It would cause an asystolic arrest and even coma.
What happens if I eat expired Ivabrad?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Ivabrad?
If you miss a dose of Ivabrad take it as soon as you remember it within 12 hours. If you don’t, just go back your regular dosage.
Also read about other medicine's: Glycopyrrolate | Grenil | Gudcef