Found in the Himalayas, Jatamansi is the root of a flowering plant of the Valerian family known by the name of Spikenard (biological name: Nardostachys Jatamansi). A famous ayurvedic herb known for curing neuro-psychiatric disorders and skin diseases, the oil from this herb has been used as a perfume and a medicine. Jatamansi also has its references in Ayurveda since the time of Sushruta and Charaka, two principal contributors to Ayurvedic Science.
|Specifics||Jatamansi Powder Price|
|Kazima Jatamansi Powder – 100g||Rs 299|
|Herbal Hills Jatamansi Powder – 100 g Each (Pack of 2)||Rs 520|
Benefits Of Jatamansi
1. Prevents Epileptic Seizures
By maintaining the balance of hormones in the neurological system, this herb helps prevent epileptic seizures. It also offers strong protection against the oxidative stress.
2. Effective Solution for Headaches
An effective solution for headache like severe or sharp pain near ears and intense pain around the eye & vertigo, this remedy works well for all Vataj Shiroshool (Headache with dominant Vata).
3. Forgetfulness and Memory Loss
With its ability to improve memory, this Ayurvedic herb also reduces forgetfulness and acts as a restorative agents for people who suffer from memory loss. It is also beneficial for people who often have mental stress, while improving the learning and other cognitive functions.
4. Remedy for Depression and Violent Behavior
Nardostachys Jatamansi also possesses de-stressing abilities that help fight depression. By increasing the level of GABA (GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID), a chemical that reduces the neuronal excitability, and regulates the muscle tone, this herb reduces aggressiveness, violent & self-destructive behavior and angry outbursts.
5. Hair Fall and Premature Hair Whitening
The nard oil or jatamansi that is processed in sesame oil helps in reducing hairfall, prevents premature greying and gives your hair a smooth and shiny texture. Moreover, this oil is also helpful in controlling dandruff.
6. Makes Skin Glow
If you’re looking for an ayurvedic remedy to get a glowing skin and have a youthful appearance, Jatamansi powder comes to your rescue. Blend a small amount of this powder with water and apply it on your skin and watch the wonders as it transforms your skin tone and texture.
Also Read - Avipattikar Benefits | Baidyanath Ashwagandharishta Benefits
Other Benefits Of Jatamansi
- Cures Dysmenorrhea (Painful Periods)
- Helps in reducing Anxiety
- Helps lower blood pressure
How To Consume Jatamansi
Part Used: Rhizomes, Seeds, Fruits
Dosage: 1 – 3 gm in divided doses
Side Effects Of Jatamansi
- Special care needs to be taken while recommending this medicine to people with high blood pressure.
- People with heavy periods, should avoid this drug as it may increase the menstrual flow.
- Excessive dosage of this medicine may cause vomiting, diarrhea, severe abdominal pain and purgation.
- Intake of this medicine during pregnancy and lactation should be avoided.
- Should be used only under medical supervision or as prescribed by the concerned doctor.