Table of Contents
Reliance Jio offers high-speed mobile internet connection and an engaging digital ecosystem for an impeccable digital experience. The company is advancing and releasing new offers for prepaid and postpaid users. If you are looking to convert your postpaid connection to prepaid. Well! You’re at the right place. Here everything you need to know about switching to Jio prepaid connection from the postpaid connection.
1 Convert Reliance Jio Postpaid Sim into Prepaid
|Convert Reliance Jio Prepaid to Postpaid Number||Reliance Jio Prepaid to Postpaid Number Details|
|Visit any Reliance Jio Store||NA|
|Visit Reliance Jio Website||https://www.jio.com/|
|Send an SMS||1900|
Reliance Jio Postpaid Number to Prepaid – Visit Any Reliance Jio Store
Follow these steps to convert your Jio postpaid sim to prepaid:
- Visit your nearest Reliance Jio Store
- Take a passport size photo, Aadhaar card, residential proof photocopy
- Now, you will be given a form, fill in the information and return it to the retailer or the store executive
- Wait 1 hour as your SIM will stay deactivated
- After that, you will have to do the IVR verification by calling Customer Care Toll Free Number (18008899999)
- After doing that, your prepaid connection will start
Also See: Airtel Postpaid To Prepaid | Idea Postpaid To Prepaid
Reliance Jio Postpaid Number to Prepaid – Visit Reliance Jio Website
You can also convert your Jio number from postpaid to prepaid through Jio website. One can go through various prepaid plans before switching into the prepaid connection. You can select your ideal plan that can be used after you convert your postpaid number into prepaid.
Simply share your contact details and wait as you’ll receive a One Time Password (OTP). Verify your number by entering the one-time password that you received on your mobile phone. As soon as the verification is over, your Reliance Jio postpaid number will be converted to a prepaid number.
Reliance Jio Postpaid Number to Prepaid – By Sending an SMS
Another way in which you can also convert your postpaid number into prepaid is by sending them a message. Send a message by typing Port followed by your ten-digit mobile number for portability to 1900. You’ll receive an SMS with a port out code, keep that code with you and visit the nearest Jio store.
Find any Reliance Digital Xpress mini store and provide them with a KYC verification using your Aadhar Card number. Provide the person assisting you with your port out a code and get your current postpaid sim ported to Jio prepaid connection.
2 Benefits of Converting Your Jio Number from Postpaid to Prepaid
Many people are still using the prepaid connection and some people still prefer using the prepaid plan packages. But if you are still confused and want to know why switching to prepaid connection is a better option. Well! here we have a list of reasons that why you should switch to prepaid connection:
- Effortless online recharge via apps and recharge shops
- Ability to transfer or receive the balance
- Customize your plans for your needs
- No surprises with bills
- Trying various plans and packs is easy
What are the Proofs Required to Convert my Reliance Jio Postpaid Number?
- Self-attested passport size photograph
- Your Identity/Signature photo proof such as PAN Card or Voter Id Card
- Address Proof it can be any one of these: Driving License, Electricity Bill or Aadhar Card
Can I port my postpaid number to prepaid via SMS?
Yes, you can do that. One can simply switch to postpaid via SMS just by texting PORT followed by your ten-digit mobile number and then send it to 1900.