What is Jointace DN?
- Jointace DN is a combination medicine used for effective treatment of joint and cartilage problems.
- Active ingredient of Jointace DN tablet include: Glucosamine, Diacererin and methyl sulfonyl methane.
Check out: Netmeds Offers | Medlife Offers | Pharmeasy Offers
Uses of Jointace DN:
- Musculoskeletal pain
Jointace DN Composition
Glucosamine, Diacererin and methyl sulfonyl methane.
Read more: Hydroxyethyl Starch Composition | Motilium Composition
How does Jointace DN work?
- Glucosamine is a naturally occurring chemical found in joint fluid which helps in joint repair by building up of cartilage.
- Methyl sulfonyl methane is a nutritional supplement which is anti-inflammatory in nature and thus reduces pain and swelling associated with osteoarthritis.
How to Take Jointace DN?
- Jointace DN is well absorbed orally and can be administered with or without food along with plenty of fluids.
Jointace DN Price in India
|Specification||Jointace DN Price in India|
|Jointace DN Tablet||Rs. 280|
Also check out: Levofloxacin Price
Common Dosage for Jointace DN?
- The recommended dose for Jointace DN in adults is one tablet once or twice a day depending upon the condition of the patient.
Read more: Erythromycin Dosage | Klacid Dosage
When to Avoid Jointace DN?
- Jointace DN should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Patients with bleeding disorders
- Patients with Diabetes
- Patients with high blood pressure and cholesterol
Read more: Dacarbazine Precaution
Side-effects of Jointace DN:
- Common side effects with Jointace DN include:
Know more: Jalra M Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Patients with diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia should use Jointace DN with caution as it might worsen these conditions by raising blood sugar and blood lipid levels following administration.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to the ingredients of Jointace DN. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Jointace DN.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few important drug interactions with Jointace DN include:
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The effect of Jointace DN can be observed following few weeks after oral administration.
Storage of Jointace DN
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Jointace DN:
- In patients undergoing surgery, Jointace DN should be stopped two weeks before in advance.
Frequently asked questions
Is Jointace DN addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Jointace DN with alcohol?
- Interaction with alcohol is unknown.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction with food products seen.
Can I have Jointace DN when pregnant?
- The effect of Jointace DN is unknown on pregnant females and unborn baby so it should not be administered without medical advice.
Can I have Jointace DN when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers should use it with caution as it is not known whether the drug passes in breast milk or not.
Can I drive after taking Jointace DN?
- It is not known whether Jointace DN affects your ability to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Jointace DN?
- Jointace DN should not be administered in more than recommended dose or for longer duration as it may lead to toxicity.
What happens if I take expired Jointace DN?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Jointace DN?
- Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.