Table of Contents
- What is Junior Lanzol?
- Uses of Junior Lanzol:
- Junior Lanzol Composition
- How does Junior Lanzol work?
- How to Take Junior Lanzol?
- Junior Lanzol Price in India
- Common Dosage for Junior Lanzol?
- When to Avoid Junior Lanzol?
- Side-effects of Junior Lanzol:
- Effect on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage of Junior Lanzol
- Pro Tips When Taking Junior Lanzol:
- Frequently asked questions
- Is Junior Lanzol addictive?
- Can I have Junior Lanzol with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Junior Lanzol when pregnant?
- Can I have Junior Lanzol when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Junior Lanzol?
- What happens if I overdose on Junior Lanzol?
- What happens if I take expired Junior Lanzol?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Junior Lanzol?
- Similar Reads
What is Junior Lanzol?
- Junior Lanzol belongs to group of drugs called as “proton pump inhibitors” which are used for the treatment of acidity, heart burn, stomach ulcer etc.
- Active ingredient of Junior Lanzol is “Lansoprazole” which is available in tablet form for oral administration.
Check out: Myra Medicines Offers | 1mg Offers | Practo Offers
Uses of Junior Lanzol:
- Gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD)
- Gastric ulcer/peptic ulcer
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Heart burn
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Helicobacter pylori infection
Read more: Jalra M Uses
Junior Lanzol Composition
How does Junior Lanzol work?
- Junior Lanzol belongs to group of drugs called as “proton pump inhibitor” which work by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heart burn and gastric ulcer disease.
How to Take Junior Lanzol?
- Junior Lanzol is well absorbed orally and should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour to one hour before food) in the morning.
- It is always advisable to take the oral dose at a fixed time every day.
Junior Lanzol Price in India
|Specification||Junior Lanzol Price in India|
|Junior Lanzol 15mg||Rs. 111.1|
Also check out: Dacarbazine Price
Common Dosage for Junior Lanzol?
- The recommended dose for Junior Lanzol in adults is one tablet (15mg/30mg) once daily an hour before food for acidity, heart burn.
- Patients with kidney and liver disease must use it with caution and under supervision of a doctor.
Know more: Hydroxyethyl Starch Dosage | Motilium Dosage
When to Avoid Junior Lanzol?
- Junior Lanzol should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Patients with pre-existing vitamin B12 deficiency
Read more: Erythromycin Precaution
Side-effects of Junior Lanzol:
- Common side effects with Junior Lanzol include:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Joint pains
- Increased chances of bone fracture (when taken for longer duration)
Know more: Levofloxacin Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Junior Lanzol with caution. Dose adjustment by doctor might be needed in few cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to the ingredients of Junior Lanzol or other proton pump inhibitor drugs.
- Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Junior Lanzol.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few important drug interactions with Junior Lanzol include:
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The effect of Junior Lanzol starts within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reaches its peak effect in 1 to 3 hours.
Storage of Junior Lanzol
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Junior Lanzol:
- Junior Lanzol when used in larger doses and for longer duration may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- When used for longer duration, it may also cause difficult in absorption of vitamin B12 and thus deficiency of Vitamin B12.
Frequently asked questions
Is Junior Lanzol addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Junior Lanzol with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Junior Lanzol therapy as alcohol increases acidity and may further aggregate the problem thereby reducing the potency of Junior Lanzol.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction with food products seen.
Can I have Junior Lanzol when pregnant?
- Junior Lanzol is safe to use during pregnancy however it should only be used when clearly needed.
Can I have Junior Lanzol when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers are advised to use Junior Lanzol with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Junior Lanzol?
- Few patients on Junior Lanzol may experience side effects like dizziness, headache, decreased alertness etc. Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Junior Lanzol?
- Junior Lanzol should not be administered in more than recommended dose or for longer duration as it may lead to toxicity.
What happens if I take expired Junior Lanzol?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Junior Lanzol?
- Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.