What is Kapikachhu?
- Kapikacchu (Mucuna pruriens) has been used as an Ayurvedic medicine for ages.
- It is also known as Mucuna, Atmagupta, and Cowhage.
- It is available in a powdered herbal formula
|Himalaya Kapikachhu Wellness for Unisex – 60 capsules||Rs 169|
|Morpheme Remedies Mucuna Pruriens Kapikachhu 500 mg – 60 Veg Capsules||Rs 449|
Benefits and Uses of Kapikacchu
- It helps in treating low libido, premature ejaculation, impotence and other sexual dysfunctions
- It helps in the treatment of Parkison’s Disease
- Useful in sleep-related disorders like insomnia
- It increases the dopamine levels in the body naturally
- Works well for doshic effects; Reduces Vata and increases Pitta and Kapha
- Helps in treating paralysis, depression, spasms and other disorders
- Helps to overcome alcohol and drug addictions
- Help to tighten vaginal muscles
- Promotes sharper memory, focus, and concentration
Also Read - Laxmi Vilas Ras Benefits | Vatika Hair Oil Uses
How to Consume Kapikacchu
- To enhance muscle power
Combine Kapikacchu with Ashwagandha and Bala in equal parts. Consume ½ tsp thrice daily. This increases muscle strength and mass.
2. For Parkinson’s Disease, Depression, Nervous System Disorders, Vata imbalances
Combine Kapikacchu, Shankapushpi, Ashwagandha, and Gokshura in equal parts. Consume ½ tsp, thrice daily after meals.
Mix ¼ tsp of Kapikacchu with ¼ tsp of Trikatu Churna. To bring rest to chronic asthmatic issues, consume thrice daily.
For most other uses
- If you consume powder, take 6-8 g daily
- If you consume seed extract, take 250-500 mg once or twice daily after meals
- If you consume a decoction, take 5-15 ml in divided doses, once or twice a day
Also Read - Laxmi Vilas Ras Dosage | Himalaya Party Smart Dosage
Side effects of Kapikacchu
- May cause inflammation or constipation in some patients
- Since it has high L Dopa content, it must always be taken under strict medical supervision
- Avoid if pregnant or lactating
- Should be given to children only if recommended by a doctor and in prescribed doses
- May leave you feeling nauseated and bloated
- Although, quite rare but it may also lead to vomiting, insomnia and abnormal body movements.
Also Read - Brahma Rasayana Side Effects | Himalaya Tagara Side Effects