Table of Contents
- 1 What is Kidpred?
- 2 Uses of Kidpred
- 3 How does Kidpred work?
- 4 How to take Kidpred?
- 5 Price of Kidpred in India:
- 6 Common dosage of Kidpred
- 7 When to avoid Kidpred & Precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Kidpred
- 9 Effect on organs?
- 10 Reported allergic reactions?
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage Requirements for Kidpred
- 14 Pro Tips when taking Kidpred
- 15 FAQS
- 16 Can I have Kidpred with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Kidpred when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Kidpred when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Kidpred?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Kidpred?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Kidpred?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Kidpred?
What is Kidpred?
Kidpred is a corticosteroid which is used to relieve inflammation in conditions like arthritis and allergic disorders.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Netmeds Offer | Medlife Offer
Uses of Kidpred
Kidpred is prescribed for:
- Gouty arthritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Also Read: Fibator Uses
How does Kidpred work?
Kidpred is a steroid and works by binding to the receptors and blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
How to take Kidpred?
Kidpred is administered orally in the form of solution.
Price of Kidpred in India:
|Kidpred Syrup, Bottle of 60ml Syrup||Rs. 26.88|
Also Read: Encorate Price
Common dosage of Kidpred
The recommended initial dose of Kidpred may vary from 5 mg to 60 mg per day.
When to avoid Kidpred & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Kidpred if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Use Kidpred with caution in patients with diabetes and other kidney diseases.
- Do not stop taking this drug suddenly as it may cause confusion and headache.
- Avoid the use of this medicine if you have any fungal or eye infections.
- Kidpred may decrease the effect of live or attenuated vaccines and is not recommended for use in patients who are on vaccination.
- Caution is advised as it may increase the risk of gastrointestinal disturbances like bleeding and abdominal distention.
- Patients with liver impairment or liver injury need to be cautious while receiving this medicine and it also may decrease the bone density by decreasing the absorption of calcium.
Also Read: Ativan Precaution | Dysmen Precaution
Side Effects of Kidpred
- Aggression or anger
- Blurred vision
- Decreased urine output
- Weight gain
- Fast heartbeat
- Increased appetite
Effect on organs?
- Metabolic reactions- Alteration in glucose tolerance, increased appetite, weight gain.
- Cardiovascular reactions- Fluid retention, blood pressure elevations.
- Musculoskeletal reactions- Corticosteroid myopathy presents as weakness and wasting of the proximal limb and girdle muscles.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, throat, hands/legs
Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Azole antifungal agents
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
The effect of Kidpred is observed within 5 minutes after an intravenous dose and 1 hour after an oral and lasts for a duration of 8 to 9 hours.
Storage Requirements for Kidpred
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Kidpred
- Kidpred can be taken with food or after food.
- Since this medicine causes bone disorders, exercise regularly and get enough calcium and vitamin D.
- Limit the use of alcohol and quit smoking.
- An adequate amount of water needs to be consumed to minimize the irritation caused in the stomach.
Is Kidpred addictive?
Can I have Kidpred with alcohol?
Ask your doctor.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No; not until your doctor tells you otherwise.
Can I have Kidpred when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Kidpred when feeding a baby?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Kidpred?
What happens if I overdose on Kidpred?
Overdose of Kidpred may cause chest tightness, bad cough or fever.
What happens if I eat expired Kidpred?
Expired Kidpred may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Kidpred?
If you miss a dose of Kidpred, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.