Kofarest Composition – Ambroxol (30mg/5ml) + Guaifenesin (100mg/5ml) + Terbutaline (2.5mg/5ml)
Manufactured By – Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Syrup
Price – Rs 85.16
Quantity – 100 ml in 1 bottle
What is Kofarest?
- Kofarest is a systemically active mucolytic agent which reduces the thickness of the sputum and therefore facilitate expectoration.
- This medicine treats acute and chronic respiratory diseases accompanied by elevated mucus production.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Pharmeasy Offer | Myra Medicines Offer
Uses of Kofarest
Kofarest is prescribed for:
- Emphysema with bronchitis pneumoconiosis
- Acute exacerbations of bronchitis
Also Read: Fibator Uses | Encorate Uses
How does Kofarest work?
- Kofarest is an agent that causes thinning thick mucus in the air passages.
- Uncontrolled quantity of nitric oxide is related to inflammation and other kinds of disruptions of the functioning of the airways.
- Kofarest inhibits the activation of guanylate cyclase which is nitric oxide dependent and promotes mucus clearance, having anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and local anaesthetic effects.
Also Read: Ativan Composition
Price of Kofarest In India:
|Kofarest Bottle of 100ml expectorant||Rs. 85.16|
|Kofarest Drop, Packet of 25ml Drop||Rs. 33.09|
Also Read: Gefitinib Price
How to take Kofarest?
Kofarest is administered orally in the form of tablets, syrup, drops, dry powder sachets and effervescent tablets.
Common dosage of Kofarest
- The usual dosage of Kofarest syrup for adults is 30 mg to 120 mg daily, taken in 2 to 3 divided doses.
- For children dosage varies according to the age.
- The recommended dose for tablets is 200 to 400 mg 4 hourly. Maximum dose is 2.4 g per day.
When to avoid Kofarest & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Kofarest if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Patients with a history of Stevens-Johnson syndrome and children under 12 years old or younger are not recommended to use this medicine.
- Caution is advised in patients with liver disorder, kidney failure.
- Kofarest is not recommended for use in patients with a known history of gastric ulceration because it may worsen the condition.
- Avoid sudden withdrawal to avoid excessive elevations in blood pressure and symptoms such as nervousness, headache and confusion may occur.
Side Effects of Kofarest
- Stomach pain
- Loose motions
Also Read: Lobate Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Central nervous system reactions- Dizziness and headache.
- Dermatological reactions- Rash and hives.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Nausea and vomiting.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Swelling of face, throat, hands/legs
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Co-administration of following drugs is not advised:
The effect of the medicine can be observed after 30 minutes of oral administration and lasts for an average duration of 16 to 24 hours.
Storage Requirements for Kofarest
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Kofarest
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with gastric ulcers.
- Do not use this medicine for children under 1 year of age without approval.
- Do not use Kofarest for more than 10 days without consulting a doctor.
Is Kofarest addictive?
Can I have Kofarest with alcohol?
Ask your doctor.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Ask your doctor.
Can I have Kofarest when pregnant?
Can I have Kofarest when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Kofarest?
What happens if I overdose on Kofarest?
Overdose of Kofarest may cause unusual symptoms. If experiencing any, contact your doctor immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Kofarest?
Expired Kofarest may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Kofarest?
If you miss a dose of Kofarest, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.
👋CashKaro Exclusive Offer👋
Hungry for more Cashback 💸? Download CashKaro App to get a Rs 60 bonus Cashback + Save up to Rs 15,000/month on online shopping.