What is Krill Oil?
Krill Oil is made from a type of small crustacean consumed by whales, penguins and other sea creatures. It is prepared from the species of Antarctic krill, Euphausia superba.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Coupon Code | Practo Coupon Code
Uses of Krill Oil
Krill Oil is used to treat
- heart disease,
- high blood fats, and
- high cholesterol
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- High blood pressure
Also Read: Humalog Uses | Hydrocodone Uses
How does Krill Oil work?
Krill are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids that are utilized by multiple systems is the human body.
How to Take Krill Oil?
- As a dietary supplement, Krill softgels should be taken 2 times a day unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor.
- The capsules should be swallowed as a whole without chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Krill Oil Price In India
|Specifics||Krill Oil Price|
|500 mg Bottle of 30 Capsules||Rs 1095|
|Bottle of 60 Soft Gelatin Capsules||Rs 3080|
|Nature Velvet Lifecare Krill Oil: 500 mg Bottle of 30 Capsules||Rs 1199|
|GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil Plus Krill Oil: Bottle of 60 soft Gelatine Cap.||Rs 6149|
Also Read: Lantus Price
Common Dosage for Krill Oil?
As a dietary supplement, Krill softgels should be taken 2 times a day unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor.
When to Avoid Krill Oil?
Krill Oil should be avoided or used with caution if you suffer from an allergy to any of its components or if you have a seafood allergy.
Side Effects of Krill Oil?
In addition to its intended uses, Krill Oil may cause few undesirable side effects which may include:
- abdominal discomfort and bloating,
- reduced appetite,
- alterations in taste,
- fishy burps,
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Allergic reactions with Krill Oil have been reported. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to seafood or any of its ingredients. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of the skin
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
Drug interactions refer to the effect of drugs on each other and on the human body after ingestion. There are large numbers of medicines which have shown to interact with each other. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the doctor about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used while using Krill Oil. Krill Oil should be avoided or used with caution if you are taking other medicines that hamper blood clotting, like –
- diclofenac sodium,
Is Krill Oil addictive?
No habit forming tendency has been reported with Krill Oil.
Can I have Krill Oil with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Krill Oil therapy.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Krill Oil when pregnant?
- The safety profile of using Krill Oil during pregnancy is not known.
- Consult your doctor in case if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant for case-specific recommendations.
Can I have Krill Oil when feeding a baby?
- The safety profile of using Krill Oil during breastfeeding is not known.
- Consult your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
Can I drive after taking Krill Oil?
Krill Oil may cause stomach discomfort and bloating. Make sure you are not affected before you drive.
What happens if I overdose on Krill Oil?
- Krill Oil should never be administered in more than prescribed dose.
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency may increase the chances of side effects.
- If suspected of an over-dosage, seek medical care immediately.
What happens if I take expired Krill Oil?
- A single dose of expired Krill Oil may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have decreased over time.
- Please inform your physician regarding the same if expired medicines have been taken chronically for a longer duration.
What happens if I miss a dose of Krill Oil?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times for its effective working,
- If you forgot to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time to take the second dose – do not take a double dose.
Storage Requirments for Krill Oil
- Store at a cool and dry place away from direct heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze the medicine.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.