Table of Contents
- 1 What is Krimson 35?
- 2 Uses of Krimson 35
- 3 How does Krimson 35 work?
- 4 How to take Krimson 35?
- 5 Common Dosage for Krimson 35
- 6 When to Avoid Krimson 35?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Krimson 35
- 8 Side-Effects of Krimson 35
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Krimson 35 Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Krimson 35
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Krimson 35
- 13 Authored By –
What is Krimson 35?
Used mainly to prevent or treat problems related to menstruation, breast cancer and delayed puberty in women. Weight gain, water retention, and mood swings are the major and most common side effects. It should be totally avoided in patients with allergic history or heart and liver disorders.
Krimson 35 Composition: Cyproterone Acetate – 2 MG + Ethinyl Estradiol – 0.035 MG
Manufactured By: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC (over the counter) drug.
Price: Rs 297 for 21 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Hormonal Contraceptive
Uses of Krimson 35
Krimson 35 is mainly used to treat females with severe acne, unresponsive to oral antibiotics and other therapies, with androgen associated symptoms (including mild hirsutism i.e. excessive hair growth or seborrhea) and also for the following conditions:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Used in cases of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).
- Recurrent episodes of miscarriage: Used to prevent repeated cases of miscarriages in women.
- Menopause and related problems: Used in cases of patients with menopause-related issues.
- Delayed puberty: Used in cases of delayed puberty in women
- Pain and cramps during periods: Used in cases of abdominal cramps or pain during periods
- Failure in development of ovaries: Used in cases where ovaries fail to develop.
- Breast cancer: Used in cases of breast cancer
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding: Used in cases of uterine bleeding.
Also Read: Enzomac Uses | Evion Lc Uses
How does Krimson 35 work?
- Krimson 35 contains cyproterone acetate which exerts its anti-androgenic effect by blocking the androgen receptors and reducing androgen synthesis (androgen are male hormones).
- Ethinyl Estradiol is a synthetic female hormone which enhances the effects of cyproterone by reducing androgen in blood circulation and is also responsible for the development and maintenance of menstrual cycles.
How to take Krimson 35?
- Krimson 35 is available in film-coated tablets
- Krimson 35 tablets are usually taken via mouth with or without food.
- The tablets should not be crushed or chewed but should be swallowed as a whole.
- The drug should be taken at fixed timings
- The preferable time for taking krimson35 is before going to bed
Common Dosage for Krimson 35
- Krimson 35 dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The Most common dose recommended is one tablet daily for 21 days followed by 7 days off, the first cycle should begin on the first day of menstrual flow.
- Subsequent dosing cycles should begin on the same day of the week that the first cycle was begun regardless of the presence of withdrawal bleeding.
- Discontinue the drug after 3-4 cycles of having symptoms resolved as prolonged use is not advisable.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Krimson 35?
Krimson 35 should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Krimson 35?
Krimson 35 should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of the missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Krimson 35?
Expired Krimson 35 may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Krimson 35 and till when does the effect of Krimson 35 stay?
The effects/results depend upon the condition being treated.
When to Avoid Krimson 35?
Do not Consume Krimson 35 if:
- Allergy: In case of a known history of allergy to any of its constituents.
- Other concomitant contraceptives: In case of other hormonal contraceptives due to their efficacy.
- Thrombosis: In the case of the known history of venous thrombosis.
- Thromboembolism: In case of multiple risk factors for risk of venous or arterial thromboembolism
- Heart problems: In the case of heart issues or high BP.
- Migraine: In case of a migraine with aura
- Liver disorders: In known cases of Liver dysfunction or diseases, Krimson 35 should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Bleeding: In case of vaginal bleeding of unknown cause.
Precautions While Taking Krimson 35
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Krimson 35 should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Krimson 35 should be taken as advised by the physician to have desired effects and drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Time Interval: A fixed time gap is to be maintained between the two doses.
Warnings When Taking Krimson 35
- Do not alter the dose as per your convenience without medical guidance
- In case of any allergic reaction, seek medical help immediately.
- Keep your doctor informed about any other concomitant medication
- In case of abnormal menstrual bleeding / abdominal pain, Gynaecologist should be consulted immediately.
Also Read: Ibuvon Dosage | Itchguard Dosage
Side-Effects of Krimson 35
The side effects associated with Krimson 35 are:
- Nausea, – Common
- Stomach pain, – Common
- A headache, – Common
- Weight gain and water retention – Common
- Breast pain, – Common
- Mood swings – Common
- Delayed periods – Common
- Sudden bleeding/ spotting – Common
- Acne and pimples – Common
- Uterine bleeding – less common
- Uterine infections – less common
- Extreme fatigue – less common
- Vomiting – less common
- Excessive vaginal bleeding – less common
- Abdominal cramps – less common
- Severe headache and Anxiety – less common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Krimson 35?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Krimson 35 are:
- Rashes – less common
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue – less common
- Breathlessness – less common
- Loss of consciousness – rare
What are the effects of Krimson 35 on organs?
Dose adjustment is required in patients with liver and kidney disease.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Krimson 35. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Krimson 35. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Krimson 35
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Krimson 35
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (Mild)
- Aminoglutethimide (moderate)
- Androgens (Mild)
- Carbamazepine (moderate)
- Dicoumarol (Mild)
3. Effects of Krimson 35 on Lab Tests
Krimson 35 does not affect the laboratory tests as such but it is advisable to consult with your treating physician before any lab investigation.
4. Krimson 35 interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any liver problems.
Q. Can I have Krimson 35 with alcohol?
No, Medical consultation is advised before consuming alcohol with Krimson 35 therapy.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while consuming Krimson 35.
Q. Can I have Krimson 35 when pregnant?
No, it is not advisable to consume Krimson 35 during pregnancy or if planning to become pregnant. Doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Krimson 35 when feeding a baby?
No, Krimson 35 should not be used in case of lactating mothers as it is known to be excreted in human milk. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Krimson 35?
No, as it can cause drowsiness or dizziness in some cases. Therefore, it is always advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if any such symptoms are noticed.
Also Read: kenacort Side Effect | Monticope Side Effect
Buyer’s Guide – Krimson 35 Composition, Variant and Price
|Krimson 35 Variants||Krimson 35 Compositioon||Krimson 35 Price|
|Krimson 21S kit||Cyproterone Acetate – 2 MG + Ethinyl Estradiol – 0.035 MG||Rs. 326|
Substitutes of Krimson 35
The following are alternative drugs for Krimson 35:
- Ginette 35 Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Cipla
- Price – Rs. 310.5
- Carpela 21S Kit:
- Manufactured by – Eris Lifesciences Ltd
- Price – Rs. 290.40
- Cystelia 35 Kit tablet:
- Manufactured by – Jagsonpal
- Price – Rs. 274
Storage requirements for Krimson 35
- The drug should be stored between 15-25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight and moisture.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Krimson 35
Q. What is Krimson 35?
Ans. Krimson 35 is a drug used only for women in various forms. It is used as an oral contraceptive, hormone replacement therapy and other issues like acne etc.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Krimson 35 to show results?
Ans. Effects of Krimson 35 depends on the condition being treated.
Q. Should Krimson 35 be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Krimson 35 can be taken empty stomach or with food also.
Q. Does Krimson 35 make you drowsy?
Ans. Krimson 35 may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Krimson 35 doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 12 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Krimson 35 toxicity or overdose. Always consult your treating doctor for proper prescribed dose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Krimson 35 should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Krimson 35.
Q. Does Krimson 35 effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans.Yes, it does affect the menstrual cycle in a positive way as it helps treating menstruation related problems.
Q. Is Krimson 35 safe for children?
Ans. Krimson 35 is not to be administered to children.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Krimson 35?
Ans. Any liver disorder, drug intolerance or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Krimson 35.
Q. Is Krimson 35 legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.