Table of Contents
- 1 What is LCZ?
- 2 Uses of LCZ
- 3 How does LCZ work?
- 4 How to take LCZ?
- 5 Common Dosage for LCZ
- 6 When to Avoid LCZ?
- 7 Precautions While Taking LCZ
- 8 SideEffects of LCZ
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with LCZ
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with LCZ
- 9.3 3. Effects of LCZ on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. LCZ ’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have LCZ with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have LCZ when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have LCZ when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking LCZ?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – LCZ Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of LCZ
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about LCZ
- 12.1 Q. What is LCZ?
- 12.2 Q. How long does it take for LCZ to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should LCZ be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does LCZ make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 LCZ doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does LCZ effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is LCZ safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking LCZ?
- 12.10 Q. Is LCZ legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is LCZ?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat conditions Common cold, skin allergies and watery eyes etc. Excessive sleepiness and hallucinations are the major side effects seen with LCZ at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in cases of patients undergoing hemodialysis or patients with renal impairment.
LCZ Composition: Levocetirizine 5mg
Manufactured By: Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but is also available as OTC
Form: Tablet and syrup.
Price: Rs 21.80 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiallergic