Table of Contents
- What is Lecope?
- Uses of Lecope
- How Does Lecope Work?
- How to Take Lecope?
- Lecope Price In India
- Common Dosage for Lecope
- Precautions – When to Avoid Lecope?
- Side-Effects of Lecope
- Any Allergic Reactions Reported?
- Effects of Lecope on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Lecope
- Storage Requirements for Lecope
- Pro Tips When Taking Lecope
- FAQs – Things to Know About Lecope
- Is Lecope addictive?
- Can I have Lecope with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Lecope when pregnant?
- Can I have Lecope when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Lecope?
- What happens if I overdose on Lecope?
- What happens if I eat expired Lecope?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Lecope?
- When was Lecope made?
What is Lecope?
Lecope is made with an active ingredient known as levocetirizine, a non-sedating antihistamine. It is used to reduce the effect of histamine in the body. Lecope is produced from antihistamine cetirizine.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: 1Mg Offers | Medlife Coupon Code
Uses of Lecope
- Lecope is used to treat allergic reactions such as watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, rashes, hives, and itching.
- It is considered to be the most effective compared to other low generation of antihistamines.
How Does Lecope Work?
Lecope is used to prevent allergic reactions. It blocks the production of certain natural substances such as histamine which result in allergic reactions.
How to Take Lecope?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Lecope is in tablet or liquid form.
- It is recommended to take this medicine during evening hours.
Lecope Price In India
|Lecope M: Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 89.9|
|Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 20.4|
|Lecope AD: Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 53.00|
|Lecope M Kid: Strip of 10 Tablets For Kids||Rs 51.9|
|Bottle of 30ml Syrup||Rs 32.00|
Common Dosage for Lecope
The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage. The dosage may differ according to the weight, medical conditions, etc.
- Rhnitis-1.25 mg per day
- Urticaria-5mg per day
For children, you must give the dosage as per doctor’s prescription.
Also Read: Lanoxin Dosage | Looz Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Lecope?
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Lecope along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Lecope.
Side-Effects of Lecope
Some common side effects of Lecope are:
- Weakness or tiredness
- Cough or stuffy nose
- Dry mouth
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Loss of hearing
- Dark coloured urine
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Also Read: Hyocimax Side Effect | Isolazine Side Effect | Ivabrad Side Effect
Any Allergic Reactions Reported?
Some allergic reactions such as rashes or itching have been reported with Lecope.
Effects of Lecope on Organs
Patients who have liver problems will have more damaging effects on the liver while consuming Lecope as it is metabolized in the liver.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Lecope Antidepressant drugs, anxiety drugs, sedatives, sleeping pills, tranquilizers, and other antihistamines.
Effects/Results after Consuming Lecope
Lecope will show its effect within 1 to 2 hours and last for up to 22 hours.
Storage Requirements for Lecope
Lecope can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Lecope
- Lecope should be taken in the prescribed dosage and must only be increased in dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this drug as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Lecope.
FAQs – Things to Know About Lecope
Is Lecope addictive?
No. But it can cause adverse effects when Lecope is abruptly stopped.
Can I have Lecope with alcohol?
No. Having Lecope with alcohol will cause dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty in concentration by affecting the nervous system.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items which are recommended by your doctor.
Can I have Lecope when pregnant?
Lecope is not reported to have any side effects on the mother or baby during pregnancy.
Can I have Lecope when feeding a baby?
Taking Lecope while breastfeeding can cause serious side effects on the baby as it may pass through the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Lecope?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Lecope?
It would cause dizziness, drowsiness, and agitations.
What happens if I eat expired Lecope?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Lecope?
If you miss a dose of Lecope take it as soon as you remember it within 12 hours. If you don’t, just go back to your regular dosage.
When was Lecope made?
Lecope was made in the year 2001.
Also read about other medicine's: Glycopyrrolate | Grenil | Gudcef