Table of Contents
One of the most popular citrus fruits that is used across the world, lemon hails from the flowering family of Rutaceae (Rue or Citrus Family), that are native to North Eastern India and South Asia. Sour in taste, lemons are widely used as a flavouring substance in many refreshing drinks and food. The zest, juice, and pulp of this oval-shaped yellow fruit are often used while cooking to enhance the taste of dishes and drinks. A rich source of vitamin C, Lemon is also rich in minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc.
Also Read - Lemon During Pregnancy
Benefits of Lemon
1. Boosts immunity
Being a rich source of Vitamin C, lemons help strengthen the immune system, thus boosting immunity of the body against germs, flu, virus and other harmful bacteria. Apart from increasing the level of antibodies, Vitamin C is also said to increase the production of white blood cells.
2. Fights dandruff
A great way to fight dandruff off your scalp, lemon can also prevent its recurrence. As a result of clearing the scalp off the accumulation of white flakes and any fungus that causes dandruff, Lemon also makes your tresses voluminous, strong and even beautiful.
3. Helps in hair growth
Apart from fighting dandruff off your scalp, applying lemon to your scalp or consuming it with warm water helps your hair grow healthy and long. Responsible to unclog and strengthen the hair follicles it also helps reduce hair fall by removing the frizz and dullness from your hair.
4. Helps in weight loss
Consuming lemon with warm water helps boost the metabolic rate thus aiding in weight loss. Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, lemon also contains certain flavonoids that help control cholesterol while its acidic content reduces the sugar absorption capacity of the body.
One of the top benefits of adding lemon to your daily diet is that it helps cure indigestion. A good source of Vitamin C, lemon also contains certain digestive juices that helps the body get relief from any kind of digestive disorders like bloating, gas, upset stomach, heartburn and even belching, thus aiding in proper digestion.
How Does Lemon Help Dissolve Kidney Stones?
Supporting overall kidney health, lemons are said to be an effective home remedy to dissolve the kidney stones with ease and no terrible pain. Lemon is used to break up the calcium stones into smaller ones, allowing them to pass through the urine stream easily or dissolve gradually.
Dr. Edward F Group, founder of Global Healing Center (1998) and a naturopathic physician suggests that consuming lemon juice is as an effective kidney stone remedy. He says that at the first sign of pain, drink 2 oz. of organic olive oil mixed with 2 oz. of organic lemon juice, followed with 12 ounces of purified water and wait for about half an hour. Then squeeze 1/2 a lemon in 12 oz. of purified water and add 1 tbsp. of organic raw apple cider vinegar. Drink.
You can repeat this lemon juice, water, and apple cider vinegar remedy after every hour until symptoms tend to improve.
How To Consume?
Listed below are a few ways you can add Lemons to your daily diet to get better results.
1. Lemon Juice: Take some lemons and extract 4 ounces of fresh lemon juice by squeezing them. Add this juice to 2 litres of water. Stir well. You can even add a bit of sugar if required. Drink this twice a day to get relief from kidney stones and associated symptoms.
2. Lemon Juice, Wheatgrass, and Basil: Add a teaspoon of fresh lemon and basil extract to a glass of wheatgrass juice. Drink this regularly 2-3 times a day to see the effects.
3. Lemonade: Squeeze out some fresh lemon extract, add it to a glass of water along with sugar or any of its substitute.
4. Lemon ice cubes: Freeze the fresh lemon extract in some ice trays. Use the frozen lemon cubes in any of your favorite drinks like iced tea, fruit juice, and other cold beverages.
Or you can consume lemons in a proper diet plan as suggested by Dr. Edward F Group.
- Always use fresh organic lemons and extra virgin olive oil to treat the kidney stones.
- Drinking lemon tea or water on an empty stomach in the morning will provide amazing results in curing kidney stones and prevent the formation of new ones.
You May Also Like –